Indiana State University is a public institution that has a fair number of degrees available for students to choose from. The school is located in Terre Haute, IN, in a predominantly urban area. Approximately eleven thousand students enroll at Indiana State University annually.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Indiana State offers:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Social Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then studied by the admissions office. A SAT or ACT exam is required prior to applying, with scores within the range of 1200 - 1520 for the SAT exam and within the range of 17 - 22 for the ACT exam is typical among students admitted to this school. Indiana State University accepts roughly 90% of applicants annually. Of those students admitted, around 29% of students registered for enrollment. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition varies for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state residents pay close to $8,800 and out-of-state residents pay $19,000 annually. School housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is estimated to be $5,100. Students attending Indiana State may be eligible for aid which is typically scholarships, grants, and loans.
The mascot for Indiana State is the "Sycamores", and they participate in intercollegiate athletics through the NCAA. Available sports offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
To see a full list of areas of study, programs, enrollment information, financial aid details, and more, please visit the school's website at www.indstate.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the candidates Indiana State University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Indiana State University is around 14,000 students. The student body is made up of 83% undergraduate students and 20% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $10,900. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $25 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State: $8,400-$10,000
- Out-of-State: $19,000-$22,210
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $300-$360 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $660-$790 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||79%||$8,864|
|Receiving Student Loans||69%||$6,472|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, Indiana State University may provide student services like:
- Online classes
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
- Day care
The overall graduation rate of Indiana State is close to 42%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||21%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Clinical Psychology (Psy.D.) Program
- Counseling Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Coordinated Dietetics Program
- Music Program
- Doctorate Degree in Nursing (DSN) Program
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- School Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Indiana State University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Missouri Valley Conference)
- Basketball (Missouri Valley Conference)
- Track and Field (Missouri Valley Conference)
- Football (Gateway Football Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Indiana State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Indiana State University.
- Eastern Illinois University in Charleston, IL (41 miles away)
- Indiana University - Kokomo in Kokomo, IN (96 miles away)
- University of Southern Indiana in Evansville, IN (105 miles away)
- Illinois State University in Normal, IL (112 miles away)
- Indiana University - Southeast in New Albany, IN (116 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: