Langston University is a public historically black institution located in Langston, OK. A majority of historically black colleges and universities (also known as HBCUs) were established after the civil war to provide newly freed African Americans with educational opportunities. As a land grant institution this school is among larger public institutions in the state of Oklahoma. Enrollment at Langston University exceeds 2,800 per year.
Students can select from a few areas of study, including:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Security And Protective Services
The school maintains an open enrollment policy, accepting any students that meet the requirements for admission. Submission of school records, test scores, and personal statements may be needed for certain programs. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
The tuition at Langston University varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay approximately $4,400 per year and out-of-state residents are charged $11,000 for the year. The cost of on-campus housing is around $6,300 annually. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the necessary requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Langston University Lions participate in several athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NAIA. Sports available may include the following:
- Basketball (NAIA Division I)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division I)
- Football (NAIA Division I)
- Softball (NAIA Division I)
To see a full list of areas of study, enrollment information, admissions information, and more, please take a look at the school's website at www.lunet.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the candidates Langston University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Langston University has a total student population of about 2,500, where graduate students make up roughly 25% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $12,500. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- In-State: $3,700-$4,500
- Out-of-State: $11,000-$13,260
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $120-$140 per unit
- Out-of-State: $360-$430 per unit
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||91%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||81%||$4,915|
|Receiving Student Loans||78%||$8,065|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Langston University may provide services to students including:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care
Langston University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 21%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||9%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||5%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetics Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Langston University is a Member of National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division I classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Basketball (Red River Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Red River Athletic Conference)
- Football (Central States Football League)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Langston University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Langston University.
- University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma in Chickasha, OK (73 miles away)
- East Central University in Ada, OK (86 miles away)
- Rogers State University in Claremore, OK (95 miles away)
- Northwestern Oklahoma State University in Alva, OK (99 miles away)
- Cameron University in Lawton, OK (110 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: