Minnesota State University - Mankato provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Mankato, MN and publically funded. Minnesota State University - Mankato has a yearly student enrollment of approximately 15,000.
Areas of study offered at msu include but are not limited to:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit school transcripts, which are then studied by admissions staff. Most students accepted to msu score in-between 20 to 24 on the ACT. 89% of those students that apply are accepted to msu, of which 45% choose to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of tuition varies for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state residents pay around $7,900 and out-of-state residents pay $16,000 for the year. Some students at Minnesota State University - Mankato may qualify for financial aid, which is generally provided as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Minnesota State University - Mankato "Mavericks" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs that are available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
Students who wish to see more about this school may take a look at their website at http://www.mnsu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the candidates Minnesota State University – Mankato accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Minnesota State University – Mankato is about 15,000, with undergraduate students making up about 87% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $13,500. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $20 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- In-State: $6,900-$8,300
- Out-of-State: $15,000-$17,580
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $270-$330 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $580-$700 per credit unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus dorms & meals is listed to be around $10,000, the cost includes twenty-one meals per week
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||86%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||56%||$4,844|
|Receiving Student Loans||71%||$7,992|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Minnesota State University – Mankato may provide services to students including:
- Online classes
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care for children
Minnesota State University – Mankato has an overall graduation rate which is around 49%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||21%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||23%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Dietetics Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Minnesota State University – Mankato is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
- Basketball (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
- Track and Field (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
- Football (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
- Ice Hockey
- Swimming and Diving
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Minnesota State University – Mankato by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Minnesota State University – Mankato.
- Metropolitan State University in Saint Paul, MN (72 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - River Falls in River Falls, WI (84 miles away)
- Southwest Minnesota State University in Marshall, MN (90 miles away)
- Saint Cloud State University in Saint Cloud, MN (97 miles away)
- University of Wisconsin - Stout in Menomonie, WI (113 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: