Get more information about Minot State University by clicking links below:
MSU provides a variety of degree programs for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Minot, ND and publically funded. Minot State University has an annual student enrollment of around 3,900.
Students can pick from many areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Security And Protective Services
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit test scores or other school records, which are then studied by the admissions staff. The majority of students admitted to Minot State University earn an SAT score in a range of 830 - 1020, or an ACT composite score within the range of 19 - 24. This school has an admissions rate of about 58% of which only 69% decided to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition is nearly $6,300 annually. Tuition prices may change for a variety of reasons, and therefore students should use the school's net price calculator to understand their costs. School housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is around $2,100. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the necessary requirements by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The mascot for Minot State University is the "Beavers", and they participate in intercollegiate sports through oversight by the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NAIA Division II)
- Basketball (NAIA Division II)
- Track & Field (NAIA Division II)
Contact information, admission forms, programs offered, and more can be viewed on school's website at http://www.minotstateu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the candidates Minot State University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Minot State University is around 3,400 students, with undergraduate students making up about 92% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $10,800. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $35 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $5,100-$6,100 for both state residents and nonresidents
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $270 to $320 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||88%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||79%||$4,450|
|Receiving Student Loans||44%||$5,402|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Minot State University may provide services like:
- Online classes
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
The overall graduation rate of Minot State University is approximately 37%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||18%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
Minot State University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NAIA Division II classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
- Basketball (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
- Track and Field (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
- Football (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Minot State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Minot State University.
- Dickinson State University in Dickinson, ND (117 miles away)
- Valley City State University in Valley City, ND (179 miles away)
- Mayville State University in Mayville, ND (191 miles away)
- Minnesota State University - Moorhead in Moorhead, MN (232 miles away)
- Northern State University in Aberdeen, SD (234 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: