Morehead State University, a public institution, offers a variety of degree programs, allowing students to choose which major is right for them. Located in Morehead, KY, the campus offers a rural setting for students to study in. Approximately eight thousand students enroll at MSU per year.
Students can pick from many areas of study, including:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Health And Clinical Professions
Students applying for admission are most often required to submit an application, school records, standardized test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. The most common standardized test scores among applicants accepted to this school are between 19 - 24 on the ACT, or 940 - 1140 on the SAT. Approximately 90% of all students that applied were accepted at this school, with 54% of those accepted choosing to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition varies for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state residents pay nearly $7,600 and out-of-state residents pay $19,000 for the year. Some students at Morehead State University may be eligible for financial aid, which is generally provided as grants or student loans.
The MSU "Eagles" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Athletic programs available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
Students who would like to learn more about Morehead State University can take a look at their website at moreheadstate.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the students Morehead State University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Morehead State University is about 11,000, where graduate students make up roughly 14% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $11,600. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $30 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- In-State: $8,100-$9,700
- Out-of-State: $20,000-$24,300
- Charges per unit:
- State Residents: $340-$410 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $840-$1,000 per credit unit
- The average estimated cost for on campus housing and meals is listed to be around $10,000
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$7,786|
|Receiving Student Loans||71%||$6,037|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Morehead State University may provide student services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
Morehead State University has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 40%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||18%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Magnetic Resonance Technologist Program
- Music Program
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Radiology Technician Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- Theatre Program
Morehead State University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Ohio Valley Conference)
- Basketball (Ohio Valley Conference)
- Track and Field (Ohio Valley Conference)
- Football (Pioneer Football League)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Morehead State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Morehead State University.
- Shawnee State University in Portsmouth, OH (44 miles away)
- Eastern Kentucky University in Richmond, KY (56 miles away)
- Marshall University in Huntington, WV (57 miles away)
- Kentucky State University in Frankfort, KY (77 miles away)
- Northern Kentucky University in Highland Heights, KY (81 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: