North Dakota State University is a public university that has a large number of programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Fargo, North Dakota, in a predominantly urban area. As a land grant institution this school is among larger public institutions in the state of North Dakota. Enrollment at North Dakota State University is nearly fourteen thousand annually.
Students may pick from several areas of study, including:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Family And Consumer Sciences
To be considered for admissions, you may be required to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. Either the SAT or ACT exam can be taken in order to apply to North Dakota State University. Scores within the range of 21 to 26 on the ACT or 990 to 1260 on the SAT are required to increase the chance of admission. North Dakota State University has an admissions rate of about 86 percent of which only 55 percent decided to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at ndsu.edu.
Tuition & fees at this school vary for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state tuition costs around $7,900 per year and out-of-state tuition costing $19,000 for the year. The price of on-campus housing is estimated to be $3,500 per year. Some students at North Dakota State University may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically offered as grants or student loans.
The mascot for North Dakota State University is the "Bison", and they participate in intercollegiate sports through the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the students North Dakota State University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
North Dakota State University has a total student population of about 15,000. The student body is made up of 83% undergraduate students and 18% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $14,700. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $35 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State: $6,800-$8,100
- Out-of-State: $18,000-$21,670
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $300-$360 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $790-$950 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||90%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||61%||$4,657|
|Receiving Student Loans||62%||$9,043|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, North Dakota State University may offer services to students including:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care for children
The overall graduation rate of North Dakota State University is around 53%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||26%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||20%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Dietetics Program
- Coordinated Dietetics Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- Theatre Program
North Dakota State University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (The Summit League)
- Basketball (The Summit League)
- Track and Field (The Summit League)
- Football (Missouri Valley Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by North Dakota State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to North Dakota State University.
- Minnesota State University - Moorhead in Moorhead, MN (3 miles away)
- Mayville State University in Mayville, ND (49 miles away)
- Valley City State University in Valley City, ND (56 miles away)
- University of Minnesota - Crookston in Crookston, MN (62 miles away)
- University of North Dakota in Grand Forks, ND (72 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: