Northwest Missouri State University is a public institution located in Maryville, MO and provides a large number of degree programs for students. Northwest has an annual student enrollment of around seven thousand.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Northwest offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- Computer And Information Sciences
To be considered for admissions, students may be required to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then studied by the admissions office. Students may take either the SAT or ACT scores to be considered for admissions to Northwest Missouri State University. A score within the range of 950 - 1200 on the SAT, or 20 - 25 for the ACT is common among admitted students. Northwest has an admissions rate of around 69% of which only 34% chose to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found at nwmissouri.edu.
Tuition & fees at this school vary for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state tuition costs around $6,500 per year with out-of-state tuition costing $12,000 per year. Housing may be available for those that would like to live on-campus for a cost of $5,000 each year. Northwest may help with costs by offering financial aid for students that are eligible by way of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Northwest Missouri State University "Bearcats" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Available sports offered may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
Contact information, financial aid information, areas of study offered, and much more may be accessed on school's website at http://www.nwmissouri.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the candidates Northwest accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Northwest Missouri State University is around 6,600 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 23% enrolling as graduate students and 85% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $10,500. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $4,300-$5,200
- Out-of-State: $9,400-$11,270
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $280-$340 per unit
- Out-of-State: $490-$590 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||94%||$8,013|
|Receiving Student Loans||58%||$5,792|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Northwest Missouri State University may provide student services including:
- Distance learning
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of Northwest is close to 50%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||25%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||18%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dietetics Program
- * Accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (since 1986)
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1969)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1954)
Northwest Missouri State University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
- Basketball (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
- Track and Field (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
- Football (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Northwest Missouri State University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Northwest Missouri State University.
- Missouri Western State University in Saint Joseph, MO (41 miles away)
- Peru State College in Peru, NE (46 miles away)
- University of Nebraska at Omaha in Omaha, NE (86 miles away)
- University of Missouri - Kansas City in Kansas City, MO (92 miles away)
- Haskell Indian Nations University in Lawrence, KS (99 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: