Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Dubois is a public institution located in Dubois, PA and provides a large number of program options for students. The school enrolls 920 students yearly, allowing for a more personalized education.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Human Development and Family Studies
- Business Administration
Students applying for admission are usually asked to submit an application, transcripts, records, test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by the school. The most common scores among students accepted to Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Dubois are within the range of 17 - 20 on the ACT, or 1170 - 1500 on the SAT. This school has an admissions rate of around 90 percent of which only 47 percent chose to attend. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
Tuition & fees at Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Dubois vary for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state tuition costs nearly $14,000 per year, while out-of-state tuition costing $21,000 per year. This school may provide financial aid for students that qualify by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
Contact information, admission forms, programs, and more can be viewed on school's website at http://www.ds.psu.edu/.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the candidates Pennsylvania State University – Penn State Dubois accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Pennsylvania State University – Penn State Dubois has a total student population of about 600. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 27% enrolling as graduate students and 100% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $15,100. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $50 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $13,000-$15,000
- Out-of-State: $19,000-$23,280
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $520-$630 per unit
- Out-of-State: $810-$970 per unit
- May offer prepaid tuition, allowing students to purchase tuition at current rates for future years.
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||91%||$6,820|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$6,317|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Pennsylvania State University – Penn State Dubois may offer services to students like:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
Pennsylvania State University – Penn State Dubois has an overall graduation rate which is around 56%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||20%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||10%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- * Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1997)
Pennsylvania State University – Penn State Dubois is a Member of National Small College Athletic Association (NSCAA). The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Pennsylvania State University – Penn State Dubois by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Natural Resources and Conservation
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Pennsylvania State University – Penn State Dubois.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Greater Allegheny in McKeesport, PA (78 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Beaver in Monaca, PA (86 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Shenango in Sharon, PA (92 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Fayette - Eberly Campus in Lemont Furnace, PA (101 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Mont Alto in Mont Alto, PA (109 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: