Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Mont Alto is a public institution located in Mont Alto, Pennsylvania and provides a large number of degree programs for students. Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Mont Alto has an annual student enrollment of approximately 1,300.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA)
- Forest Technology
- Human Development and Family Studies
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to complete an application, write a personal statement, and submit school records, which are then studied by the admissions staff. Either the ACT or SAT exam must be taken in order to be able to apply to this school. Scores within the range of 16 to 24 on the ACT or 1220 to 1570 on the SAT are needed to increase the chance of getting accepted. This school accepts roughly 90 percent of students applying annually. Of those applicants admitted, nearly 52 percent of students registered for enrollment. More information on admissions can be found at admissions.psu.edu.
The cost of undergraduate tuition varies for in-state and nonresidents. In-state residents pay close to $14,000 and out-of-state residents pay $21,000 for the year. Housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is about $5,200. Some students at Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Mont Alto may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
Students may visit the school's http://www.ma.psu.edu/ to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the candidates Pennsylvania State University – Penn State Mont Alto accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Pennsylvania State University – Penn State Mont Alto has a total student population of about 890, with undergraduate students making up about 100% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $20,000. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $50 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $13,000-$15,000
- Out-of-State: $19,000-$23,280
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $520-$630 per unit
- Out-of-State: $810-$970 per unit
- May offer prepaid tuition, allowing students to purchase tuition at current rates for future years.
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||82%||$7,405|
|Receiving Student Loans||78%||$8,410|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Pennsylvania State University – Penn State Mont Alto may offer student services like:
- Online course work available
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assisting students to find work
The overall graduation rate of Pennsylvania State University – Penn State Mont Alto is close to 52%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||24%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- * Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1993)
Pennsylvania State University – Penn State Mont Alto is a Member of National Small College Athletic Association (NSCAA). The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Pennsylvania State University – Penn State Mont Alto by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Natural Resources and Conservation
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Pennsylvania State University – Penn State Mont Alto.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State York in York, PA (45 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Schuylkill in Schuylkill Haven, PA (91 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Dubois in DuBois, PA (109 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Brandywine in Media, PA (111 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Hazleton in Hazleton, PA (112 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: