Ramapo College of New Jersey is a public institution located in Mahwah, NJ and provides a large number of degree programs for students. Approximately 6,000 students enroll at Ramapo College of New Jersey per year.
Students may choose from a few areas of study, including but not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Communications And Journalism
- Health And Clinical Professions
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to fill out an application, write a personal statement, and submit any transcripts or test scores, which are then studied by the admissions staff. Most students at this school scored within the range of 1513 to 1820 on the SAT exam. This school has an acceptance rate of 50 percent of which only 35 percent chose to attend. More information on admissions can be found at ramapo.edu.
The tuition at this school varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay close to $14,000 per year and out-of-state residents are charged $23,000 per year. School housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is estimated to be $9,600. Students attending this school may qualify for aid which is generally loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
This school offers several athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Available sports offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division III)
Students may visit the school's http://www.ramapo.edu to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the candidates Ramapo College of New Jersey accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
Ramapo College of New Jersey has a total student population of about 6,000. The student body is made up of 94% undergraduate students and 15% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $16,800. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $60 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- In-State: $8,900-$11,000
- Out-of-State: $18,000-$21,280
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $280-$330 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $550-$660 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||80%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||56%||$11,378|
|Receiving Student Loans||65%||$7,406|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Ramapo College of New Jersey may offer services including:
- Online classes
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
With a very high graduation rate of around 73%, Ramapo College of New Jersey is among the most successful schools in the area.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||59%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||2%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Teacher Education (Bachelor's) Program
- Graduate Teacher Education Program
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
Ramapo College of New Jersey is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (New Jersey Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (New Jersey Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (New Jersey Athletic Conference)
- Field Hockey
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Ramapo College of New Jersey by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Ramapo College of New Jersey.
- William Paterson University of New Jersey in Wayne, NJ (10 miles away)
- Rutgers University - Newark in Newark, NJ (24 miles away)
- SUNY at Purchase College in Purchase, NY (25 miles away)
- CUNY Bernard M Baruch College in New York, NY (26 miles away)
- New Jersey City University in Jersey City, NJ (27 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: