Southeastern is a public institution located in Hammond, Louisiana and provides a large number of degree programs for students. Approximately 15,000 students enroll at Southeastern yearly.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs Southeastern offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
The admissions process begins with the submission of an application, transcripts, records, and standardized test scores, which are then evaluated by the admissions committee. The majority of students at Southeastern scored in a range of 20 - 24 on the ACT. This school has an admissions rate of about 43 percent of which only 79 percent chose to attend. More information on admissions can be found here.
The tuition at Southeastern varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay around $5,100 per year, while out-of-state residents are charged $16,000 for the year. Housing is available on-campus for students. The annual cost of housing is estimated to be $4,600. Southeastern may offer financial aid for students that qualify as loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
Southeastern has a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs offered include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-AA)
- Football (NCAA Division I-AA)
Contact information, academics information, areas of study offered, and much more can be accessed on school's website at http://www.selu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the candidates Southeastern Louisiana University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Southeastern Louisiana University is around 15,000 students, with undergraduate students making up about 93% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,600. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $20 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- In-State Tuition: $5,300-$6,300
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $18,000-$21,310
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $300-$360 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $820-$990 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||93%||$6,692|
|Receiving Student Loans||48%||$5,009|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help support students, Southeastern Louisiana University may offer services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
The overall graduation rate of Southeastern Louisiana University is approximately 36%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||7%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Southeastern is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division I-AA classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Southland Conference)
- Basketball (Southland Conference)
- Track and Field (Southland Conference)
- Football (Southland Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Southeastern Louisiana University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Southeastern Louisiana University.
- University of New Orleans in New Orleans, LA (41 miles away)
- Southern University at New Orleans in New Orleans, LA (42 miles away)
- Southern University and A&M College in Baton Rouge, LA (44 miles away)
- Nicholls State University in Thibodaux, LA (53 miles away)
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette in Lafayette, LA (95 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: