Texas A&M International University provides a variety of educational opportunities for students to assist them in their growth and development. The school is located in Laredo, Texas and publically funded. Nearly six thousand students enroll at A&M yearly.
Here is a list of some of the popular programs A&M offers:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
- Health And Clinical Professions
Students applying for admission are generally asked to submit an application, transcripts, test scores and any requested application essays, which will then be reviewed by admissions officials. Very common standardized test scores among applicants accepted to A&M are between 16 - 20 for the ACT exam, or 820 - 990 on the SAT exam. 48% of students that apply are admitted to A&M, of which 34 percent choose to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
Tuition & fees at this school vary for in-state and nonresidents. In-state tuition costs close to $5,900 per year with out-of-state tuition costing $14,000 annually. A&M may help with costs by offering financial aid for students that qualify as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Texas A&M International University Dustdevils participate in several athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
Students who wish to see more about A&M may check out their website at http://tamiu.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give you an idea of the applicants Texas A&M International University accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at Texas A&M International University is about 7,200. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 14% enrolling as graduate students and 89% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,200. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $3,800-$4,600
- Out-of-State: $13,000-$15,810
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $50-$60 per unit
- Out-of-State: $440-$530 per unit
- The average estimated cost for room and board is listed to be around $9,900, the cost includes nineteen meals each week
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||87%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||85%||$7,776|
|Receiving Student Loans||35%||$4,167|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Texas A&M International University may offer services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
Texas A&M International University has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 43%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||21%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||16%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||6%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2010)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1997)
Texas A&M International University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Heartland Conference)
- Basketball (Heartland Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Texas A&M International University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Texas A&M International University.
- Texas A&M University - Kingsville in Kingsville, TX (95 miles away)
- The University of Texas - Pan American in Edinburg, TX (117 miles away)
- Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi in Corpus Christi, TX (129 miles away)
- The University of Texas at Brownsville in Brownsville, TX (166 miles away)
- University of Houston - Victoria in Victoria, TX (173 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: