The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio is a public institution located in San Antonio, TX and provides a large number of educational opportunities for students. Nearly three thousand students enroll at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio annually.
Areas of study offered at The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio include but are not limited to:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be required to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school transcripts, which are then reviewed by the admissions office. Only 25 percent of applicants are accepted to the school due to the huge number of applicants for the limited enrollment spots.
The cost of tuition varies for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state residents pay nearly $8,900 and out-of-state residents pay $19,000 for the year. The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio may offer financial aid for students who are eligible in the form of scholarships, grants, and loans.
Contact information, financial aid information, areas of study offered, and much more may be viewed on school's website at uthscsa.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give you an idea of the applicants The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- AP Course Credits
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio has a total student population of about 3,100.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- In-State: $5,200-$6,300
- Out-of-State: $16,000-$19,620
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $220-$260 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $680-$820 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||61%||$4,693|
|Student Loans (Federal)||62%||$9,168|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio may offer services to students including:
- Distance learning
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Dental Laboratory Technician Program
- Dental Public Health Program
- Endodontics Program
- Medical Dosimetry Program
- Medical (M.D.) Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology Program
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Program
- Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics Program
- Pediatric Dentistry Program
- Periodontics Program
- Prosthodontics Program
Campus: Regional Academic Health Ctr (RAHC)
- Coordinated Dietetics Program
- * Accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (since 2009)
- Medical (M.D.) Program
- * Accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (since 2015)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston in Houston, TX (191 miles away)
- The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, TX (229 miles away)
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, TX (251 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: