Get more information about University of Baltimore by clicking links below:
UB is a public university that has many degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Baltimore, MD, in a predominantly urban area. Enrollment at University of Baltimore is nearly six thousand per year.
Areas of study offered at University of Baltimore include:
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Visual And Performing Arts
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Security And Protective Services
Students applying for admission are generally asked to submit an application, transcripts, records, test scores and any requested letters of recommendations, which will then be reviewed by the admissions staff. Most common standardized test scores among applicants accepted to this school are between 16 to 20 for the ACT exam, or 1260 to 1570 on the SAT exam. This school has an acceptance rate of about 32% of which only 79% decided to enroll. More information on admissions can be found here.
The cost of undergraduate tuition varies for in-state and out-of-state residents. In-state residents pay close to $8,300 and nonresidents pay $19,000 per year. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the necessary requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
Students can visit the University of Baltimore website to get a complete list of areas of study, financial aid details, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may provide a better idea of the students University of Baltimore accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at University of Baltimore is around 6,200 students. The student body is made up of 54% undergraduate students and 2% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $14,600. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $30 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State Tuition: $6,500-$7,800
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $18,000-$21,480
- Charges per unit:
- State Residents: $300-$360 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $940-$1,100 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||92%||$6,917|
|Receiving Student Loans||59%||$5,770|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, University of Baltimore may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
UB has an overall graduation rate which is approximately 38%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||23%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||10%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Law Program (more info)
- * Accredited by the American Bar Association, Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar (since 1972)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Baltimore by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Baltimore.
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Mont Alto in Mont Alto, PA (62 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Brandywine in Media, PA (76 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Schuylkill in Schuylkill Haven, PA (95 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Wilkes - Barre in Lehman, PA (142 miles away)
- Christopher Newport University in Newport News, VA (155 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: