Get more information about University of Louisiana at Lafayette by clicking links below:
University of Louisiana at Lafayette is a public institution located in Lafayette, LA and provides a large number of degree programs for students. UL has an annual student enrollment of over 17,000.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Engineering Technology
To be considered for admissions, students may be required to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school transcripts, which are then studied by the admissions committee. Most students accepted to UL score in-between 20 to 24 on the ACT exam. Roughly 70% of all students that applied were admitted at University of Louisiana at Lafayette, with 50% of those accepted choosing to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found here.
The tuition at University of Louisiana at Lafayette varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay close to $5,400 per year and out-of-state residents are charged $15,000 annually. University of Louisiana at Lafayette may help with costs by offering financial aid for students who are eligible by way of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The UL "Ragin' Cajuns" have a number of intercollegiate athletic programs through participation in the NCAA. Available athletic programs offered may include but not limited to:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-A)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-A)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division I-A)
- Football (NCAA Division I-A)
Students can visit the University of Louisiana at Lafayette website to obtain a complete list of academic programs offered, financial aid details, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give an overview of the applicants University of Louisiana at Lafayette accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at University of Louisiana at Lafayette is around 18,000 students. The student body is made up of 91% undergraduate students and 18% graduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,100. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $25 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range estimates:
- In-State: $5,400-$6,500
- Out-of-State: $19,000-$22,960
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $340-$410 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $920-$1,100 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||91%||$7,512|
|Receiving Student Loans||37%||$4,956|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and recent graduates, University of Louisiana at Lafayette may provide services like:
- Online classes
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Child care
The overall graduation rate of University of Louisiana at Lafayette is approximately 45%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||22%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||9%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Music Program (more info)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program (more info)
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program (more info)
- Speech-Language Pathology Program (more info)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program (more info)
University of Louisiana at Lafayette is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-A classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Sun Belt Conference)
- Basketball (Sun Belt Conference)
- Track and Field (Sun Belt Conference)
- Football (Sun Belt Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Louisiana at Lafayette by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Natural Resources and Conservation
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Louisiana at Lafayette.
- Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, LA (51 miles away)
- Southern University and A&M College in Baton Rouge, LA (54 miles away)
- Louisiana State University - Alexandria in Alexandria, LA (70 miles away)
- McNeese State University in Lake Charles, LA (71 miles away)
- Nicholls State University in Thibodaux, LA (80 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: