UNA is a public institution located in Florence, Alabama and provides a large number of program options for students. Approximately 7,200 students are enrolled yearly at UNA.
Areas of study available at University of North Alabama include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Communications And Journalism
- Biological And Biomedical Sciences
Students applying for admission are generally asked to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions committee. Very common exam scores among applicants accepted to UNA are between 18 - 25 on the ACT, or 845 - 1065 on the SAT. 88% of applicants are accepted to University of North Alabama, of which 48 percent choose to attend. Detailed information on school admissions can be gathered via UNA or by completing the form on this page.
The tuition at this school varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay approximately $6,700 per year and out-of-state residents are charged $12,000 annually. Housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is about $3,000. Financial aid may be provided to students that meet the necessary requirements in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The mascot for UNA is the "Lions", and they participate in intercollegiate sports through the NCAA. Athletic programs offered may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
Students can visit the UNA website to obtain a complete list of areas of study, financial aid details, and more that is available at this school.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admissions information below may give an overview of the candidates University of North Alabama accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at University of North Alabama is about 7,100, where graduate students make up roughly 17% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $10,800. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $25 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $6,100-$7,300
- Out-of-State: $12,000-$14,630
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $250-$300 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $510-$610 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||80%||$5,703|
|Receiving Student Loans||79%||$3,985|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, University of North Alabama may offer services including:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
The overall graduation rate of University of North Alabama is approximately 32%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
University of North Alabama is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Gulf South Conference)
- Basketball (Gulf South Conference)
- Football (Gulf South Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of North Alabama by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of North Alabama.
- Athens State University in Athens, AL (40 miles away)
- University of Alabama in Huntsville in Huntsville, AL (59 miles away)
- Alabama A&M University in Normal, AL (63 miles away)
- Mississippi University for Women in Columbus, MS (100 miles away)
- Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, TN (103 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: