University of Pittsburgh - Bradford is a liberal arts college that offers an undergraduate education and helps students in developing important skills useful in pursuit of graduate education or employment. A liberal arts curriculum exposes students to a variety of topics and subjects. The school is located in Bradford, PA, which is a predominantly rural area. Around a thousand students enroll at University of Pittsburgh - Bradford annually.
Areas of study available at University of Pittsburgh - Bradford include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Social Sciences
- Security And Protective Services
To be considered for admissions, you may be asked to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit high school records and test scores, which are then evaluated by admissions staff. Students may submit either the SAT or ACT scores to be considered for admissions at this school. A score within the range of 1300 - 1650 on the SAT, or 18 - 24 for the ACT is common among accepted students. 83% of those students that apply are admitted to University of Pittsburgh - Bradford, of which 46 percent choose to attend. More information regarding admissions can be found at upb.pitt.edu.
The tuition at University of Pittsburgh - Bradford varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay around $14,000 per year and out-of-state residents are charged $25,000 annually. Housing is available for students, and generally costs approximately $5,300 annually. Financial aid may be offered to students that meet the required requirements by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The mascot for University of Pittsburgh - Bradford is the "Panthers", and they participate in intercollegiate athletic programs through oversight by the NCAA. Athletic programs available include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division III)
- Basketball (NCAA Division III)
- Golf (NCAA Division III)
- Soccer (NCAA Division III)
Students should visit the school's http://www.upb.pitt.edu/ to view additional information.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may give you an idea of the applicants Pitt-Bradford accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at University of Pittsburgh – Bradford is about 1,500. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 25% enrolling as graduate students and 100% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $16,500. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $45 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $12,000-$15,000
- Out-of-State: $23,000-$27,920
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $520-$620 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $970-$1,200 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||89%||$9,328|
|Receiving Student Loans||82%||$7,412|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, University of Pittsburgh – Bradford may offer services including:
- Distance learning
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
University of Pittsburgh – Bradford has an overall graduation rate which is close to 52%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||27%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||15%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||3%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1990)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- * Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1998)
University of Pittsburgh – Bradford is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division III (without football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference)
- Basketball (Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference)
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of Pittsburgh – Bradford by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of Pittsburgh – Bradford.
- University of Pittsburgh - Titusville in Titusville, PA (56 miles away)
- Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania in Lock Haven, PA (84 miles away)
- University of West Alabama in Livingston, AL (85 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Altoona in Altoona, PA (98 miles away)
- University of Pittsburgh - Johnstown in Johnstown, PA (116 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: