University of South Alabama is a public college that has a large number of programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Mobile, Alabama, in a predominantly urban area. Nearly fifteen thousand students enroll at USA yearly.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Communications And Journalism
- Interdisciplinary Studies
Students applying for admission are most often required to submit an application, transcripts, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions office. Students may submit either the ACT or SAT exam scores to be considered for admissions to University of South Alabama. A score within the range of 1275 - 1690 on the SAT, or 19 - 25 for the ACT is usually submitted among admitted students. 87% of applicants are admitted to this school, of which 50% choose to enroll. More information regarding admissions can be found at southalabama.edu.
The tuition at University of South Alabama varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay around $6,800 per year, while out-of-state residents are charged $13,000 per year. School housing is available on-campus for students. The yearly cost of housing is approximately $3,500. Some students at University of South Alabama may be eligible for financial aid, which is typically offered as scholarships, grants, and loans.
The USA Jaguars participate in a number of athletic programs, with competitions managed and overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division I-A)
- Basketball (NCAA Division I-A)
- Football (NCAA Division I-A)
Contact information, academics information, areas of study, and much more can be viewed on school's website at http://www.southalabama.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the students University of South Alabama accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college or dual credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at University of South Alabama is around 16,000 students. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 13% enrolling as graduate students and 71% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $13,300. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $35 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- In-State: $7,000-$8,400
- Out-of-State: $14,000-$16,880
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $290-$350 per unit
- Out-of-State: $590-$700 per unit
- May offer prepaid tuition rates, allowing tuition to be purchased at current rates for future enrollment.
Financial Aid Details
The table listed below helps break down the types of financial aid students receive and the percent receiving aid, as well as the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||93%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||83%||$6,738|
|Receiving Student Loans||61%||$9,500|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, University of South Alabama may provide student services including:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
The overall graduation rate of University of South Alabama is close to 33%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||14%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||12%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||6%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: University of South Alabama
- Clinical Audiology (Au.D.) Program
- Clinical Psychology (Ph.D.) Program
- Medical (M.D.) Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy (OT) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Campus: University of South Alabama - Springhill
- Radiology Technician Program
- * Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1976)
- Radiation Therapist Program
- * Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 2004)
University of South Alabama is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division I-A classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Sun Belt Conference)
- Basketball (Sun Belt Conference)
- Football (Sun Belt Conference)
- Track and Field, Indoor
- Track and Field, Outdoor
- Track and Field, X-Country
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by University of South Alabama by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to University of South Alabama.
- The University of West Florida in Pensacola, FL (58 miles away)
- University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg, MS (80 miles away)
- Southern University at New Orleans in New Orleans, LA (121 miles away)
- University of New Orleans in New Orleans, LA (122 miles away)
- Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond, LA (137 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: