Washburn University provides a variety of program options for students to aid them in their growth and development. The school is located in Topeka, Kansas and publically funded. Enrollment at Washburn University is nearly seven thousand yearly.
A list of some of the more popular programs offered are:
- Legal Professions And Studies
- Health And Clinical Professions
- Public Administration And Social Services
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
Students applying for admission are generally required to submit an application, transcripts, records, standardized test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions office. Most students accepted to Washburn University score in-between 19 - 25 on the ACT. More information from the admissions office can be found here.
Tuition & fees at this school vary for in-state and nonresidents. In-state tuition costs around $5,800 per year with out-of-state tuition costing $13,000 for the year. The cost of on-campus housing is around $3,700 annually. Some students at this school may qualify for financial aid, which is generally offered in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The Washburn University Ichabods participate in a number of athletic programs, within the NCAA organization. Athletic programs available may include the following:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
- Golf (NCAA Division II)
Students can visit the Washburn University website to see a complete list of academic programs offered, financial aid details, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The information regarding admissions below may provide a better idea of the applicants Washburn University accepts. The details may include admissions application requirements and recommendations, as well as any college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Washburn University has a total student population of about 6,600. The enrollment breakdown by academic level is 12% enrolling as graduate students and 88% as undergraduate students.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $11,300. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $20 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- In-State: $6,200-$7,500
- Out-of-State: $14,000-$16,930
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $260-$310 per unit
- Out-of-State: $590-$710 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The financial aid table below details the types of financial aid, along with the percent of students receiving aid, and on average the amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||84%||$6,454|
|Receiving Student Loans||59%||$5,479|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo support students and graduates, Washburn University may provide services including:
- Online course work available
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Washburn University has an overall graduation rate which is close to 37%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||17%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||13%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||5%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- Law Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Radiology Technician Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
Washburn University is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
- Basketball (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
- Football (Mid-America Intercollegiate Ath Assoc)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Washburn University by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Washburn University.
- Haskell Indian Nations University in Lawrence, KS (26 miles away)
- Emporia State University in Emporia, KS (50 miles away)
- University of Missouri - Kansas City in Kansas City, MO (60 miles away)
- Missouri Western State University in Saint Joseph, MO (70 miles away)
- Peru State College in Peru, NE (99 miles away)
See a list of all the colleges and universities by clicking on one of the links below: