WSC is a public school that has a large number of degree programs available for students to choose from. The school is located in Wayne, NE, in a predominantly rural area. Approximately 3,600 students are enrolled yearly at WSC.
Areas of study offered at WSC include but are not limited to:
- Business And Marketing Studies
- Security And Protective Services
The school has an open enrollment policy, accepting all students that meet the requirements for admission. Submission of transcripts, records, test scores, and admissions essays may be required for certain programs. More information on admissions can be found here.
The tuition at WSC varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay close to $5,800 per year, while out-of-state residents are charged $10,000 per year. The price of on-campus housing is about $3,000 annually. Students enrolled at WSC may qualify for aid which is typically loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
The WSC Wildcats participate in several intercollegiate athletic programs, overseen by the NCAA. Athletic programs available may include:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Football (NCAA Division II)
For a complete list of programs offered, enrollment information, admissions information, and more, please take a look at the school's website at http://www.wsc.edu.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may give an overview of the students Wayne State College accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- AP Course Credits
Total enrollment at Wayne State College is around 3,400 students, where graduate students make up roughly 18% of the student body.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $11,400. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- In-State Tuition: $4,600-$5,500
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $9,200-$11,020
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $150-$180 per unit
- Out-of-State: $310-$370 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||81%||$4,445|
|Receiving Student Loans||66%||$5,282|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, Wayne State College may offer student services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
The overall graduation rate of WSC is close to 46%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||25%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||17%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Art and Design Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, Commission on Accreditation (since 2009)
- Music Program
- * Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 2009)
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- * Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (since 1954)
Wayne State College is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports being in the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
- Basketball (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
- Track and Field (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
- Football (Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Wayne State College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Mathematics and Statistics
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Wayne State College.
- University of South Dakota in Vermillion, SD (38 miles away)
- Peru State College in Peru, NE (139 miles away)
- University of Nebraska at Kearney in Kearney, NE (151 miles away)
- Southwest Minnesota State University in Marshall, MN (165 miles away)
- Northwest Missouri State University in Maryville, MO (171 miles away)
Also, you can compare schools by looking through our list of colleges & universities: