West Chester University of Pennsylvania is a public college that has a large number of degrees available for students to choose from. The school is located in West Chester, Pennsylvania, in a predominantly suburban area. West Chester University of Pennsylvania has a yearly student enrollment of over fourteen thousand.
Areas of study offered at WCU include but are not limited to:
- Liberal Arts And Sciences
- Health And Clinical Professions
Students applying for admission are asked to submit an application, school records, test scores and any requested personal statements, which will then be reviewed by the admissions staff. The majority of students at West Chester University of Pennsylvania scored between 1470 to 1730 on the SAT. This school accepts around 50 percent of students applying. Of those applicants admitted, nearly 33 percent registered for enrollment. More information regarding admissions can be found at wcupa.edu.
The tuition at West Chester University of Pennsylvania varies based on the state of residence of the student. In-state residents pay around $9,100 per year and out-of-state residents are charged $20,000 per year. Student housing is available for students, which costs approximately $5,300 for the year. Students attending West Chester University of Pennsylvania may qualify for aid which is typically grants and loans.
This school offers a variety of athletic programs overseen by the NCAA. Available sports offered:
- Baseball (NCAA Division II)
- Basketball (NCAA Division II)
- Track & Field (NCAA Division II)
- Field Hockey (NCAA Division II)
Students can visit the WCU website to obtain a complete list of areas of study, programs, financial aid details, and more.
Admission Requirements & Details
The admission details below may provide a better idea of the candidates WCU accepts. The details may include application requirements and recommendations, as well as any AP or college credits that may be transferred.
College Credits Accepted
- Dual Credits
- Life Experience Credits
- AP Course Credits
The total student enrollment at West Chester University of Pennsylvania is about 17,000, with undergraduate students making up about 86% of the total student population and graduate students making up the rest.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $19,200. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $45 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- In-State Tuition: $7,100-$8,500
- Nonresident Student Tuition: $18,000-$21,180
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $290-$350 per unit
- Out-of-State: $740-$880 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The information below lists the financial aid types students are receiving. Also shown are the percent of students receiving aid and the average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||82%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||39%||$5,627|
|Receiving Student Loans||74%||$8,578|
Academics & Student Services
Student ServicesTo help students and alumni, West Chester University of Pennsylvania may offer services to students like:
- Distance learning
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
West Chester University of Pennsylvania has an overall graduation rate which is around 69%.
|Number of Year to Graduate||Percent of Entering Class|
|Students Graduating in 4 Years||44%|
|Graduating in 5 Years||21%|
|Graduating in 6 Years||4%|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
Campus: West Chester University of Pennsylvania
- Art and Design Program
- Dietetics Program
- Music Program
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) Program
- Nursing (MSN, DSN) Program
- Speech-Language Pathology Program
- Elementary and Secondary School Teacher Education Program
- Theatre Program
Campus: West Chester University of Pennsylvania at INTERLINK Language Center
- English Language Program
- * Accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (since 2012)
West Chester University of Pennsylvania is a Member of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), with many of the sports belonging to the NCAA Division II (with football) classification. The most popular sports played are listed below:
- Baseball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Basketball (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Track and Field (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Field Hockey
- Football (Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference)
- Swimming and Diving
- Other Sports
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by West Chester University of Pennsylvania by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other 4-Year Public Colleges
The list of schools below have been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to West Chester University of Pennsylvania.
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania in Cheyney, PA (4 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Brandywine in Media, PA (8 miles away)
- Lincoln University of Pennsylvania in Lincoln University, PA (19 miles away)
- Rutgers University - Camden in Camden, NJ (25 miles away)
- Pennsylvania State University - Penn State Abington in Abington, PA (28 miles away)
Also, check out our college lists below, which can help students compare schools to one another: