The Lancaster Theological Seminary, located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, was founded 1825 to provide evangelical education under the auspices of the German Reform Church. For most of its history it was the only German Reform Church based institution still in operation in the United States. With the formation of the Evangelical and Reform Church In 1934, the Lancaster Theological Seminary became on of three seminaries to join the new denomination.
The Lancaster Theological Seminary offers master and doctorate degrees in theology, divinity and ministry. The school offers various programs, including graduate certificate programs in youth and young adult ministries. The school provides the skills and education necessary to maintain and support a congregation, offering an in depth understanding of the gospels, and the ability to motivate individuals and groups.
Admissions and Financial Aid
Interested individuals may submit application to the school. A minimum of a bachelor's degree is necessary to apply to a master's program, and a minimum of a master's degree for a doctoral program, Application will be reviewed and students will be accepted based on their academic performance as well as other factors. Financial aid is a available and all students in need of financial aid must complete the Lancaster Theological Seminary Financial Aid Form and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Get more information about the programs offered by Lancaster Theological Seminary by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Theological and Ministerial Studies (M)
Youth Ministry (C, M)
Theology (C, D, M)
Lay Ministry (C, D, M)
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $17,000-$20,000 for graduate students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $630 to $750 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $320
Other Theological Schools & Seminaries Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lancaster Theological Seminary.
- Evangelical Theological Seminary in Myerstown, PA (23 miles away)
- Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg in Gettysburg, PA (51 miles away)
- Saint Charles Borromeo Seminary - Overbrook in Wynnewood, PA (55 miles away)
- Missio Seminary in Hatfield, PA (56 miles away)
- Lutheran Theological Seminary at Philadelphia in Philadelphia, PA (60 miles away)
- Westminster Theological Seminary in Glenside, PA (60 miles away)
- Yeshiva College of the Nations Capital in Silver Spring, MD (79 miles away)
- Pontifical John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family in Washington, DC (85 miles away)