Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, located in Kansas City, Missouri, was founded in 1957 to provide individuals with a school dedicated to providing a faith based education. The school is operated by the Baptist Church and is dedicated to exploring the Christian faith, providing programs that expand upon theological ideas and educate individuals with skills necessary to spread the word of God. Faculty members serve as guides in this purpose, operating as deacons and educators and participating in the church's ministry.
Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary offers multiple programs in the various aspects of faith. These programs may result in a diploma, associate, bachelor, master or doctoral degree. The school serves as a center of Christian education, offering interested individuals programs for furthering their knowledge of the Christian faith and how to impart it to others.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students interested in enrollment at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary may complete the application for admission to be considered. Students must submit all required documentation, and if under the age of twenty one they must also supply ACT test scores. Students must also obtain a recommendation from their pastor. Financial aid is available in the form of grants and loans. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be completed and submitted to determine eligibility and awards. Students may also apply for scholarships. Scholarships may be awarded top students for a variety of reasons and require a separate application to the scholarship's overseeing body.
Below is a list of areas of study that may be available for students. Any linked program will direct you to the respective program's profile page which provides general educational requirements and possible career paths.
Find more information about available programs offered by Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary by clicking the request information button to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Theology and Religious Vocations
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition estimates are between $6,500-$7,800
- Per unit charges are around $280 for part time students
- Required fees for full-time students: $360
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $5,400 per year for graduate students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $230 to $270 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $360
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||89%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||60%||$4,278|
|Receiving Student Loans||51%||$5,828|
Other Theological Schools & Seminaries Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Saint Paul School of Theology in Leawood, KS (7 miles away)
- Nazarene Theological Seminary in Kansas City, MO (12 miles away)
- Central Baptist Theological Seminary in Shawnee, KS (19 miles away)
- Calvary Bible College and Theological Seminary in Kansas City, MO (24 miles away)
- Manhattan Christian College in Manhattan, KS (107 miles away)
- Central Christian College of the Bible in Moberly, MO (116 miles away)
- Ozark Christian College in Joplin, MO (144 miles away)
- Messenger College in Euless, TX (149 miles away)