Brooklyn, New York, is home to Rabbinical College of Ch'san Sofer New York, which is a Jewish theological seminary offering rabbinical training for students. The largest programs offered are the talmudic studies bachelor's and master's degree programs, with around forty individuals graduating in the past several years.
To be considered for admissions, applicants may be asked to complete an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit school records, which are then studied by admissions staff.
Rabbinical College of Ch'san Sofer New York also offers career guidance for students that may require additional help.
This school's tuition is approximately $8,800 per year for both undergraduate level students and graduate level programs, though it may vary based on any number of circumstances. Students may check the school's net price calculator to get an individualized estimate of costs. Rabbinical College of Ch'san Sofer New York may help with costs by offering financial aid for students that qualify in the form of loans, grants, scholarships and work study programs.
Rabbinical College of Ch'san Sofer New York is accredited by the Association of Advanced Rabbinical and Talmudic Schools, Accreditation Commission, having held that accreditation for the last thirty-four consecutive years. To learn more about details on programs and consumer disclosures, please visit the official website of the school.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Learn more about programs available at Rabbinical College of Ch’san Sofer New York by clicking on the request information button.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Talmudic Studies (B, M)
- Students are charged around $8,000 per year in tuition costs*
- From the last reported year the graduating class was around ten students
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range is around $8,000-$9,600 per year
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range for graduate students is around $8,000-$9,600 per year
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||22%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||22%||$8,655|
Other Theological Schools & Seminaries Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Rabbinical College of Ch’san Sofer New York.
- Yeshiva Karlin Stolin in Brooklyn, NY (0.2 miles away)
- Machzikei Hadath Rabbinical College in Brooklyn, NY (0.5 miles away)
- Rabbinical College Bobover Yeshiva Bnei Zion in Brooklyn, NY (0.5 miles away)
- Central Yeshiva Tomchei Tmimim Lubavitz in Brooklyn, NY (0.5 miles away)
- Yeshivas Novominsk in Brooklyn, NY (0.6 miles away)
- Mesivta of Eastern Parkway - Yeshiva Zichron Meilech in Brooklyn, NY (0.6 miles away)
- Beth Hamedrash Shaarei Yosher Institute in Brooklyn, NY (0.6 miles away)
- Yeshiva Derech Chaim in Brooklyn, NY (0.7 miles away)