Wesley Theological Seminary is a United Methodist affiliated school located in Washington, DC, which maintains a seminary for individuals seeking to become priests. Wesley Theological Seminary had an enrollment of 700 students in 2010-2011. Wesley Theological Seminary offers several programs to select from. The more popular enrolled programs among individuals are listed below:
- Theology and Religious Vocations
- Religious Education
To be considered for admissions, students may be required to fill out an application, provide letters of recommendations, and submit test scores or other school records, which are then studied by admissions staff.
Wesley Theological Seminary also provides student services such as academic counseling assistance for students that may require additional help and help with employment opportunities for students.
Tuition for the graduate level programs is approximately $18,000 annually, though it may change based on different types of circumstances. Students may visit the school's price of attendance calculator to determine a more personalized cost estimate. Student housing may be offered for those that would like to live on-campus for a cost of $3,100 per year. Financial assistance may be provided to those that meet the required requirements by way of scholarships, grants, and loans.
The Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools has accredited the instruction & training provided by Wesley Theological Seminary for over seventy-four straight years. To learn more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit wesleyseminary.edu.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Learn more about programs available at Wesley Theological Seminary by clicking on the request information button.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Theology and Religious Vocations (D, M)
Religious Education (D, M)
Theology (D, M)
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are between $18,000-$21,000 for graduate students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $590 to $700 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $1,200
Other Theological Schools & Seminaries Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Wesley Theological Seminary.
- Pontifical Faculty of the Immaculate Conception in Washington, DC (5 miles away)
- Pontifical John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family in Washington, DC (5 miles away)
- Yeshiva College of the Nations Capital in Silver Spring, MD (8 miles away)
- Maple Springs Baptist Bible College and Seminary in Capitol Heights, MD (10 miles away)
- Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg in Gettysburg, PA (62 miles away)
- Lancaster Theological Seminary in Lancaster, PA (87 miles away)
- Union Presbyterian Seminary in Richmond, VA (94 miles away)
- Baptist Theological Seminary at Richmond in Henrico, VA (96 miles away)