Central Susquehanna LPN Career Center (LPN Career Center), located in Lewisburg, PA, has over forty years experience teaching and training students to become licensed practical nurses. The LPN Center wants to give students the opportunity to learn both in the classroom and in practical settings like a hospital. They have agreements with local medical facilities to allow their students these types of experiences.
Tuition for the program costs $15,433. This includes tuition, registration fees and supplies fees. It does not include your medical kit, uniforms or books. Financial Aid is available to those who qualify. To see their website for financial aid assistance click here.
There are six things you should know about LPN Career Center:
- Train in 12 Months – Start to finish you’ll receive your training in one year if you attend full-time. After 12 months at LPN Career Center, you will graduate with the certifications you need to start in the workplace.
- Attend Classes Locally – Students will attend class at LPN Career Center, but they also have the opportunity to use local resources to get on-the-job experience.
- Study with Experienced Faculty – All faculty members have at least a bachelor’s degree and several years of clinical experience. The school also has lower than a 1 to 15 teacher to student ratio, allowing for more individualized instruction.
- Progress through an Approved Program – LPN Career Center’s program is approved by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing. By getting your certifications through an approved program, you are much more likely to get a job with a competitive salary.
- Prepare for the Licensing Exam – LPN Career center prepares its students to take the licensing exams. They have computer simulations of the current exams to help students prepare.
- Get a Job – LPN Career Center has an extremely high graduate job placement rate. In the last few years, they have been able to place around 90% of their graduates in jobs with competitive salaries.
To learn more about LPN Career Center or to submit an application, click here.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $11,400. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $75 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||65%||$5,141|
|Receiving Student Loans||88%||$7,129|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Central Susquehanna LPN Career Center may offer services to students like:
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Assistance to find work
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1980)
Other Technical Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Central Susquehanna LPN Career Center.
- Schuylkill Technology Center in Frackville, PA (30 miles away)
- Hazleton Area Career Center in Hazle TWP., PA (42 miles away)
- Lebanon County Career and Technology Center in Lebanon, PA (42 miles away)
- Mifflin - Juniata Career and Technology Center in Lewistown, PA (45 miles away)
- Central Pennsylvania Institute of Science and Technology in Pleasant Gap, PA (50 miles away)