Hillyard Technical Center is a two-year private, for-profit, vocational institution located in Saint Joseph, Missouri. It was founded in 1943 and is a part of the St. Joseph School District. The school's mission is to prepare students for success and lifelong learning, and it strives to meet the needs of the future with high quality and innovative educational programs. Hillyard Technical Center is a small school, with less than 200 students.
Popular Programs Offered
- Diagnostic medical sonography
- Automotive technology
- Dental hygiene
- Practical nursing
- Welding technology
- Surgical technology
- Radiologic technology
- Fire science
- Engineering design and development
- Computer aided drafting
Prospective students are required to complete an application packet, and submit any required documentation, such as high school transcripts or GED scores and professional references. Some programs require prerequisites, and students must complete those prior to the start of the program. Healthcare programs require students to undergo a physical examination. Hillyard Technical Center administers a pre-entrance assessment test called the TABE that is required for all applicants. The school also requires applicants to pass a criminal record check.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Hillyard Technical Center by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Health and Clinical Professions
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Security and Protective Services
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||78%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||70%||$5,031|
|Receiving Student Loans||7%||$4,082|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Hillyard Technical Center may offer student services like those listed below:
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program
- Accredited by the Missouri State Board of Nursing (since 1963)
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 2002)
Other Technical Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Hillyard Technical Center.
- Northland Career Center in Platte City, MO (28 miles away)
- Lex La - Ray Technical Center in Lexington, MO (65 miles away)
- Grand River Technical School in Chillicothe, MO (67 miles away)
- Washburn Institute of Technology in Topeka, KS (71 miles away)
- Warrensburg Area Career Center in Warrensburg, MO (91 miles away)