Lanier Technical College, located in Oakwood, Georgia, was founded in 1964 through a charter by the Georgia State Board of Education and was originally known as Gainesville-Hall County Area Vocational Trade School, though the name was changed within 10 months off its approval. The school was given its permanent home was 1967. Currently the school operates five campuses located in Oakwood, Cumming, Winder, Commerce and Dawsonville. Lanier Technical College is a member of the Technical College System of Georgia which is responsible for providing affordable workforce development and training through colleges throughout the state.
The school provides education and training in a variety of fields with the intent to prepare individuals for entry into the workforce as qualified professionals. Students will receive an education in both the classroom and controlled practical environments with instructors that have years of experience in the field or industry being studied. Programs can take up to two years to complete and result in a degree or certificate upon graduation.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Lanier Technical College is a public, two year, open enrollment institution that allows any interested individual to enroll through the completion and submission of an application and payment of fees. Students should participate in orientation and meet with an advisor prior to the start of their first semester to better understand program offerings and campus life. Financial aid is available in the form of loans and grants and are awarded based on need through the information a student will provide on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Lanier Technical College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $5,700. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $20 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $2,700-$3,200
- Out-of-State: $5,300-$6,408
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $89-$110 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $180-$210 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||86%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||85%||$5,358|
|Receiving Student Loans||3%||$3,645|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help support students, Lanier Technical College may offer services to students like:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Assisting students to find work
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1984)
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1990)
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 2007)
Other Technical Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Lanier Technical College.
- North Georgia Technical College in Clarkesville, GA (34 miles away)
- Georgia Piedmont Technical College in Clarkston, GA (37 miles away)
- Atlanta Technical College in Atlanta, GA (47 miles away)
- Southern Crescent Technical College in Griffin, GA (72 miles away)
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College in Rome, GA (75 miles away)