Metro Technology Centers (Metro Tech) is spread out over five campuses serving the greater Oklahoma City, OK metropolitan area. Metro Tech offers over 80 fulltime programs and hundreds of short term courses that can be taken online or on campus. Programs are available to high school students, adults, business, and industry personnel. Metro Tech caters to skills that demand specialized technical training. Cooperative agreements through local colleges allow Metro Tech students to take courses for college credit. Some of the benefits to attending Metro Tech include:
- Cutting edge technology
- Outstanding teaching staff and student resources
- High job placement
- Low tuition
- Convenient campuses and safe environment.
Metro Tech’s vision is to provide a high quality workforce for a global economy. The following program certifications are offered on a fulltime basis:
- Health Services
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law and Public Safety
Tuition varies based on residency and type of program concentration. For a more accurate break down of the cost of tuition please visit: www.metrotech.edu. Up to 44 hours of coursework can be applied as transfer credits to two and four year colleges that participate in a transfer agreement.
Offering a wide variety of student services, Metro Tech provides students with various clubs and organizations, job placement services, career counseling, childcare, student employment, disability services, and dropout services for those wishing to complete a GED. Many of Metro Tech’s healthcare and business programs are now nationally accredited. For more information please visit: metrotech.edu.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Metro Technology Centers by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $12,600. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||57%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||51%||$3,939|
|Receiving Student Loans||33%||$5,239|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Metro Technology Centers may provide student services including:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
- Child care
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1997)
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1995)
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1995)
Other Technical Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Metro Technology Centers.
- Mid - Del Technology Center in Midwest City, OK (6 miles away)
- Francis Tuttle Technology Center in Oklahoma City, OK (11 miles away)
- Eastern Oklahoma County Technology Center in Choctaw, OK (12 miles away)
- Moore Norman Technology Center in Norman, OK (17 miles away)
- Canadian Valley Technology Center in El Reno, OK (26 miles away)