Mid-America Technology Center provides educational services and programs to 20 feeder schools. The school offers 24 short term and long term programs and has over 7500 students. The school is non-discriminatory in its admissions, financial aid, educational services, and employment policies. Though the district was formed in 1968, MATC did not begin offering classes until 1971. The school is located in Wayne, OK.
MATC offers various programs to assist students in transferring to 4 year institutions or to prepare them for a career. Thought he school primarily deals with high school students from feeder schools, enrollment is open for adult aged individuals when openings are available.
Some programs offered include:
- Automotive Service Technician
- Licensed Practicing Nurse
- Criminal Justice Officer
Admissions and Financial Aid
Enrollment is open to adult students as is exit, high school students study for free. Financial aid is available to adult students, and the process begins by completing and submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Mid – America Technology Center by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Security and Protective Services
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around -. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||38%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||38%||$3,085|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Mid – America Technology Center may provide services like:
- Remedial instructional courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Work study style employment
- Assistance to find work
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1996)
Other Technical Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Mid – America Technology Center.
- Moore Norman Technology Center in Norman, OK (28 miles away)
- Pontotoc Technology Center in Ada, OK (38 miles away)
- Mid - Del Technology Center in Midwest City, OK (40 miles away)
- Gordon Cooper Technology Center in Shawnee, OK (42 miles away)
- Eastern Oklahoma County Technology Center in Choctaw, OK (44 miles away)