Venango Technical School (VTC) is located in Oil City, PA. Programs are designed to meet the needs of students as well as occupational requirements in the labor market. Courses offered to students will prepare them for all levels of ability to enter jobs in technical, skilled, and semi-skilled occupations. VTC offers daytime and evening courses for adults in the following certification courses:
- CDL Training
- Nurse Assistant ($875.00)
- Maintenance Tech ($650.00)
- PA State Inspection ($175.00)
- Introduction To Machine Shop ($675.00)
- WORD 2010 ($195.00)
- Intro To Pipe Welding
- Medical Terminology ($175.00, Text $45.00)
- EXCEL 2010 ($195.00)
- Intro To AutoCAD ($150.00)
- Accounting ($350.00)
- Enhanced Inspection Exam
VTC also offers a Practical Nursing Program. The nursing program is one academic year in length. Approximately 50% of the time is spent in clinical practice and 50% in the classroom. Clinical experience is received at several local health care facilities and in our state of the art simulation laboratory. Graduates are eligible to take the State Board of Nursing Licensing Examination for Practical Nurses.
Tuition for 2013-14 school year is $10,350. There are additional costs for books, fees, uniforms, supplies and insurance. Many students enrolled in the Practical Nursing Program are eligible for financial aid programs such as PELL grants and Direct loans. The Practical Nursing Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) formerly the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) and is fully approved by the Pennsylvania Board of Nurse Examiners. Please visit the Venango website for more information at: http://www.vtc1.org.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $12,200. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||86%||$5,202|
|Receiving Student Loans||100%||$8,259|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help support students, Venango Technical Center may offer student services like those listed below:
- Career path counseling
- Helping students find work after graduation
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1985)
Other Technical Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Venango Technical Center.
- Mercer County Career Center in Mercer, PA (32 miles away)
- Ashtabula County Technical and Career Campus in Jefferson, OH (58 miles away)
- Trumbull Career and Technical Center in Warren, OH (60 miles away)
- Indiana County Technology Center in Indiana, PA (62 miles away)
- Clearfield County Career and Technology Center in Clearfield, PA (71 miles away)