2618 Wooddale Blvd Ste A, Baton Rouge, LA
- FAFSA School Code: 030235
- Phone: (225) 928-3005
- School Homepage
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (225) 928-3009
- Financial Aid Page
Camelot College is a less than two-year private career school dedicated to offering a practical education for students located in and around Baton Rouge. Over the past several years Camelot College has granted degrees to more than 220 students with more than 22% of students who start the program complete it. Camelot College offers several programs to choose from. Here are the programs with more popularity among students:
- Medical Assistant
- Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor
To help students and recent graduates, Camelot College may offer some services to students like those listed below:
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
- Child care
The last reported accreditation for this school was done by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools. Get more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can learn about classes offered, tuition, and disclosures.
The following is a list of programs offered at Camelot College. Acutal programs offered may be different than the list of programs below.. For a comprehensive list of programs available students may visit the school's website or call the school at (225) 928-3005.
Get more information about the programs offered by clicking the request information button to the right.
Medical Assistant (36 Hours)
The medical assistant program takes about ten months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $14,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $590*
- $9,500 is the average amount of student loans borrowed for this program**
- Around 100 students completed the medical assistant program last year
- Students complete this program in usually 10 months
Get more information about medical assistant and see other schools listed by going to our medical assistant schools page.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about ten months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $17,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $220*
- $10,800 is the average amount of student loans borrowed for this program**
- Around 30 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- The cosmetology program takes about 10 months to complete
More information and school listings are available through our cosmetology schools profile page.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (720 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes about seven months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $12,000*
- Required supplies and books: $170*
- Students usually complete the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program in 7 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is $11,800. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. Student who wish to obtain more information regarding financial aid may contact the school's financial aid office at (225) 928-3009, which has information regarding types of aid, forms and more. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with Camelot College for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||99%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||99%||$6,547|
|Receiving Student Loans||99%||$9,466|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 17%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Camelot College.
- Compass Career College in Hammond, LA (38 miles away)
- Blue Cliff College - Lafayette in Lafayette, LA (57 miles away)
- Fortis College - Foley in Foley, AL (204 miles away)
- Texas School of Business - East in Houston, TX (250 miles away)
- HTEC - Houston's Training and Education Center Inc in Houston, TX (268 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.