Colorado Technical University - Colorado Springs (Colorado Tech)
4435 N Chestnut Street, Colorado Springs, CO
- FAFSA School Code: 010148
- Phone: (719) 598-0200
- School Homepage
Financial Aid Office
Colorado Technical University, located in Colorado Springs, Colorado, was founded in 1965 when it was known as Colorado Technical College. The school obtained university status in 1995 and changed its name to the current to reflect its new offerings. The school was initially formed to provide student with vocational and technical training, particularly for veterans, but today offers a variety of programs that provide educational levels at the associate, bachelor, master and doctoral levels.
The Colorado Springs Campus is located at the base of Pike's Peak and situated in the Rocky Mountains. The area is scenic and home to a large number of educational institutions and cultural monuments. Students attending this campus will be exposed to the healthy lifestyle of its residents and the beauty of the region.
Colorado Technical College provides educational opportunities in a number of fields, mostly related to technological or vocational fields. These programs provide insight into their field of study and how to operate as professionals within that framework. The school provides students with an education that implements practical case studies in the learning environment to better prepare individuals for their career after school. Lower level degree programs are also designed to allow for admission into higher level programs upon completion. The school also provides online programs available through the Colorado Springs Campus.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students interested in attending Colorado Technical University must complete and submit an admissions application, after which an appointment will be made for a telephone interview with an admissions officer. Once the interview is completed the student will be asked to provide all documentation pertaining to his or her education as well as take an english proficiency exam. Once these steps are completed, the school will review the supplied information and make a decision regarding acceptance.
Financial aid is available in the form of federal loans and grants. Eligibility for such financial aid is determined through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which all students should complete. Once submitted the resulting student aid report will determine need and awards.
The following is a list of areas of study available at Colorado Technical University - Colorado Springs. Programs that have a link will take you to the program's profile page where education requirements, career pathways, and other information is available.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (A, B, D, M)
- Project Management (B, M)
- Information Resources Management, Cio Training (B)
- Accounting (A, B, M)
- Information Systems (D, M)
- E-Commerce (A, B)
Health and Clinical Professions
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer and Information Systems Security (B, M)
- Information Technology Project Management (M)
- Information Technology (A, B)
- Computer Science (B, D, M)
- Web Design (A, B)
- System Administration (A)
Security and Protective Services
- Homeland Security (M)
- Law and Justice Administration (A, B, M)
Visual and Performing Arts
- Design and Visual Communications (A)
- Graphic Design (B)
- Digital Arts (B)
- Electrical and Communications Engineering Technology (A)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- General Studies (A)
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $18,300. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. There is also a $50 application fee for those applying to a program. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact Colorado Technical University - Colorado Springs for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $11,000 per year
- Per unit charges are around $320 for part time students
- Required fees for full-time students: $240
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition for graduate students is estimated to range between $12,000-$14,000
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $490 to $590 per unit
- Required fees for graduate students are around $240
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||70%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||57%||$4,158|
|Receiving Student Loans||51%||$7,078|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 16%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Colorado Technical University - Colorado Springs.
- Colorado Technical University Online in Colorado Springs, CO (- miles away)
- National American University - Colorado Springs in Colorado Springs, CO (3 miles away)
- College America - Colorado Springs in Colorado Springs, CO (5 miles away)
- Colorado Technical University - Greenwood Village in Aurora, CO (50 miles away)
- Platt College - Aurora in Aurora, CO (53 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.