Everest University - Tampa
3319 W Hillsborough Ave, Tampa, FL
- FAFSA School Code: 001534
- Phone: (813) 879-6000 x139
- School Homepage
- Phone: (813) 879-6000 x129
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (813) 879-6000 x145
Everest is a system of schools comprised of Everest University, Everest College, and Everest Institutes, which are owned and operated by Corinthian Colleges, Inc. and located throughout out the United States and the province of Ontario, Canada. The university portion of the system was founded in 1940 as Fort Lauderdale College, which subsequently had its name and ownership changed, eventually becoming the flagship of the system.
Students who complete a program at Everest will receive a certificate, or degree up to the master’s level. The school is dedicated to providing high quality career education and training, and ensures that students are prepared to enter the workforce upon completion. Instructors are former industry professionals, who provide practical training opportunities to ensure the system’s high standards for graduates are maintained. Everest also provides career placement assistance for graduates, through partnerships, resume development and more.
Programs offered include:
- Criminal Justice
- Dental Assistant
- Massage Therapy
Program availability varies based on location, and as such students should contact their desired campus to see which programs are available.
The Tampa branch of Everest is located at 3319 W Hillsborough Ave. This campus has graduated approximately a thousand students over the past few years. This campus offers services for students in the form of career counseling for students in need of assistance, flexible courses for individuals who cannot make regular hours, and job placement opportunities for students after graduation. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting everest.edu.
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Refrigeration Technology (C)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Medical Assistant (A, C)
- Massage Therapy (C)
- Medical Administration (C)
- Medical Insurance Coding (A)
- Pharmacy Technician (A)
- Healthcare Administration (B)
- Electrician (C)
Security and Protective Services
- Securities Services Administration and Management (A, B)
- Criminalistics and Criminal Science (A)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business, Management, Marketing and Related Support Services (A)
- Business Administration (B, M)
- Bookkeeping (A)
- Accounting (B)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer (A, B)
Legal Professions and Studies
- Paralegal (A, B)
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is $20,700. In order to calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The school's financial aid department offers additional information regarding types of aid, how to apply and more. Students may contact the school by calling (813) 879-6000 x145. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $15,000-$18,000
- Per unit charges are around $460 for part time students
- Required fees for full-time students: $190
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $14,000 per year for graduate students
- For part-time students, charges are between $540-$640 per unit
- Required fees for graduate students are around $190
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||84%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||79%||$4,859|
|Receiving Student Loans||79%||$10,052|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 19%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Everest University - Tampa.
- Everest University - Brandon in Tampa, FL (9 miles away)
- Everest University - Largo in Largo, FL (13 miles away)
- Everest University - Lakeland in Lakeland, FL (34 miles away)
- Meridian College in Sarasota, FL (43 miles away)
- Everest University South Orlando in Orlando, FL (72 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.