Kaplan is a system of schools organized and operated by Kaplan, Inc., itself a division of the Washington Post Company. Originally established in 1937 as the American Institute of Commerce, the name was changed in 2000 to Quest College, before being acquired by its current owner and being renamed Kaplan University, becoming the graduate degree granting arm of the Kaplan System. Combined with Kaplan College and Kaplan Career institutes, the system has schools in seventeen states and online access nationwide.
Kaplan schools offer a variety of programs aimed at preparing individuals for entry into the workforce. Many courses are taught by former and current professionals, providing insight and additional training to ensure that graduate are ready to face the challenges ahead. Completion of a program may result in a certificate, associate degree, bachelors or masters depending on the education pursued. Some member institutions will have as part of their student services career assistance programs that aid students in finding jobs.
Programs offered include:
- Criminal Justice
- Computer Networking
- Business Administration
Not all campuses offer the same programs and interested students should contact their desired location to see what programs are available.
San Antonio Location
The San Antonio branch of Kaplan University is located at 6441 Nw Loop 410. This campus has graduated over two thousand students over the past few years. This campus provides services for students in the form of flexible courses for those with irregular schedules, career guidance to help students define their goals, and post-graduation job placement options. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting kaplancollege.com.
Below is a list of the programs that may be offered at Kaplan College – San Antonio. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (210) 308-8584.
Medical Assistant (51 Hours)
The medical assistant program takes about nine months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $17,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $320*
- Upon completion of this program, students owe on average $9,000 in student loans**
- Last year, more than 200 students completed this program
- Takes about 9 months to complete
See our medical assistant schools profile page to obtain more details and school listings that may help you match the right school..
Medical Insurance Coding (51 Hours)
The medical insurance coding program takes about nine months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $16,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $850*
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $9,100 in student loans**
- More than 100 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Takes about 9 months to complete
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (95 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about thirteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $27,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $3,140*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 37%**
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $14,300 in student loans**
- More than 80 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about 13 months to complete
More detailed information and school listings are available through our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs profile page.
Paralegal (91 Hours)
The paralegal program takes about eighteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $31,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $1,860*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 29%**
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $6,600 in student loans**
- Last year, more than 20 students completed this program
- The paralegal program takes about 18 months to complete
Read more and find other schools listed by visiting our paralegal programs profile page.
Information Technology (105 Hours)
The information technology program offered most often takes about eighteen months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $29,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $2,190*
- $6,700 is the average amount of student loans borrowed for this program**
- The length of the information technology program is about 18 months
More information and school listings are available through our information technology degree page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at this school is approximately $20,300 after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There may be an application fee required, please check with this school for more information. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||87%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||78%||$4,929|
|Receiving Student Loans||83%||$9,371|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2011 was around 25%.
Other Career Colleges
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Kaplan College – San Antonio.
- Everest Institute - San Antonio in San Antonio, TX (2 miles away)
- Career Quest in San Antonio, TX (3 miles away)
- Southern Careers Institute - Austin in Austin, TX (70 miles away)
- Southern Careers Institute Inc - Corpus Christi in Corpus Christi, TX (144 miles away)
- Texas Careers - Laredo in Laredo, TX (147 miles away)