Kaplan College - San Antonio
6441 NW Loop 410, San Antonio, TX
- FAFSA School Code: 031158
- Phone: (210) 308-8584
- School Homepage
Kaplan is a system of schools organized and operated by Kaplan, Inc., itself a division of the Washington Post Company. Originally established in 1937 as the American Institute of Commerce, the name was changed in 2000 to Quest College, before being acquired by its current owner and being renamed Kaplan University, becoming the graduate degree granting arm of the Kaplan System. Combined with Kaplan College and Kaplan Career institutes, the system has schools in seventeen states and online access nationwide.
Kaplan schools offer a variety of programs aimed at preparing individuals for entry into the workforce. Many courses are taught by former and current professionals, providing insight and additional training to ensure that graduate are ready to face the challenges ahead. Completion of a program may result in a certificate, associate degree, bachelors or masters depending on the education pursued. Some member institutions will have as part of their student services career assistance programs that aid students in finding jobs.
Programs offered include:
- Criminal Justice
- Computer Networking
- Business Administration
Not all campuses offer the same programs and interested students should contact their desired location to see what programs are available.
San Antonio Location
The San Antonio branch of Kaplan University is located at 6441 Nw Loop 410. This campus has graduated over two thousand students over the past few years. This campus provides services for students in the form of career guidance to help students define their goals, online distance learning for students outside the school's service area, and flexible courses for those with irregular schedules. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting kaplancollege.com.
Below is a list of the programs that may be offered at Kaplan College - San Antonio. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (210) 308-8584.
Medical Assistant (51 Hours)
Medical assistant program takes approximately nine months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $17,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $320*
- Students who complete this program take, on average, $9,000 in student loans**
- Around 300 students completed the medical assistant program last year
- Takes about 9 months to complete
Find out more and discover other schools listed by browsing our medical assistant schools profile page.
Medical Insurance Coding (51 Hours)
The medical insurance coding program offered most often takes about nine months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $16,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $850*
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $9,100**
- Last year, more than 100 students completed this program
- Takes about 9 months to complete
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (95 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program offered most often takes about thirteen months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $27,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $3,140*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 37%**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $14,300**
- Around 200 students completed the licensed practical nurse (LPN) program last year
- The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about 13 months to complete
More detailed information and school listings are available through our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs profile page.
Paralegal (91 Hours)
Paralegal program takes approximately eighteen months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $31,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $1,860*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 29%**
- $6,600 is the average amount of student loans borrowed for this program**
- Around 40 students completed the paralegal program last year
- The paralegal program takes about 18 months to complete
See our paralegal programs profile page to obtain more information and school listings that may help you match the right school..
Information Technology (105 Hours)
Information technology program takes approximately eighteen months to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $29,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $2,190*
- On average, $6,700 in student loans are owed upon completion of this program**
- Last year, more than 10 students completed this program
- The length of the information technology program is about 18 months
More information and school listings are available through our information technology degree page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at this school is approximately $20,300 after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There may be an application fee required, please check with this school for more information. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||87%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||78%||$4,929|
|Receiving Student Loans||83%||$9,371|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 17%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Kaplan College - San Antonio.
- Everest Institute - San Antonio in San Antonio, TX (2 miles away)
- Southern Careers Institute - San Antonio in San Antonio, TX (4 miles away)
- Southwest School of Business and Technical Careers - San Antonio in San Antonio, TX (9 miles away)
- Southern Careers Institute - Austin in Austin, TX (70 miles away)
- Everest Institute - Austin in Austin, TX (70 miles away)
IPEDS Survey 2008-2011: Data obtained from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS). Data may vary depending on school and academic year.