Kaplan is a system of schools organized and operated by Kaplan, Inc., itself a division of the Washington Post Company. Originally established in 1937 as the American Institute of Commerce, the name was changed in 2000 to Quest College, before being acquired by its current owner and being renamed Kaplan University, becoming the graduate degree granting arm of the Kaplan System. Combined with Kaplan College and Kaplan Career institutes, the system has schools in seventeen states and online access nationwide.
Kaplan schools offer a variety of programs aimed at preparing individuals for entry into the workforce. Many courses are taught by former and current professionals, providing insight and additional training to ensure that graduate are ready to face the challenges ahead. Completion of a program may result in a certificate, associate degree, bachelors or masters depending on the education pursued. Some member institutions will have as part of their student services career assistance programs that aid students in finding jobs.
Programs offered include:
- Criminal Justice
- Computer Networking
- Business Administration
Not all campuses offer the same programs and interested students should contact their desired location to see what programs are available.
San Antonio Location
The San Antonio branch of Kaplan University is located at 6441 Nw Loop 410. This campus has graduated over a thousand students over the past few years. This campus provides services for students in the form of flexible courses for those with irregular schedules, career guidance to help students define their goals, and post-graduation job placement options. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting brightwood.edu.
Below is a list of the programs that may be offered at Kaplan College – San Antonio. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (210) 348-4500.
Medical Assistant (51 Hours)
The medical assistant program takes about nine months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $17,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $320*
- More than 200 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Takes about 9 months to complete
See our medical assistant schools profile page to obtain more details and school listings that may help you match the right school..
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (95 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about thirteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $27,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $3,140*
- More than 70 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about 13 months to complete
More detailed information and school listings are available through our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs profile page.
Medical Insurance Coding (51 Hours)
The medical insurance coding program takes about nine months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $16,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $850*
- Last year, more than 80 students completed this program
- Takes about 9 months to complete
More information and school listings are available through our medical insurance coding programs profile page.
Medical Records Technician (105 Hours)
Medical records technician program takes approximately eighteen months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $29,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $2,190*
- Last year, more than 10 students completed this program
- Students complete this program in usually 18 months
More details and school listings are available through our medical records technician programs profile page.
Paralegal (91 Hours)
The paralegal program takes about eighteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $31,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $1,860*
- Based on published reports, around 30 students completed the paralegal program last year
- The paralegal program takes about 18 months to complete
Read more and find other schools listed by visiting our paralegal programs profile page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at this school is approximately - after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There may be an application fee required, please check with this school for more information. Student who wish to obtain more information regarding financial aid may contact the school's financial aid office at (210) 308-8584, which has information regarding types of aid, forms and more. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||90%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||80%||$4,334|
|Receiving Student Loans||77%||$7,778|
Other Career Colleges
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Kaplan College – San Antonio.
- Everest Institute - San Antonio in San Antonio, TX (2 miles away)
- Southern Careers Institute - Austin in Austin, TX (70 miles away)
- Southern Careers Institute Inc - Corpus Christi in Corpus Christi, TX (144 miles away)
- Texas Careers - Laredo in Laredo, TX (147 miles away)
- Center for Advanced Legal Studies in Houston, TX (186 miles away)