Long Island Business Institute
136-18 39th Avenue, Fifth Floor, Flushing, NY
- FAFSA School Code: 020937
- Phone: (718) 939-5100
- School Homepage
- Phone: (631) 499-7100
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (631) 499-7100
Long Island Business Institute operates as a private institution dedicated to offering a solid education for students located in and around Flushing. Over the past several years Long Island Business Institute granted degrees to over 480 students with a graduation rate of more than 25%. Long Island Business Institute offers several programs to choose from. Listed below are the programs with more popularity among students:
- General Office Occupations and Clerical Services
- Business Administration
- Court Reporting
To help students and recent graduates, Long Island Business Institute may provide support services like:
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
To see more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit libi.edu.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Get more information about the programs offered by Long Island Business Institute by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Accounting (A)
- General Office Occupations and Clerical Services (A)
- Business Administration (A)
- Court Reporting (A, C)
- Estimated loan repayment rate of 56% for former students*
- Thirty students reported graduating last year
- Medical Insurance Coding (A, C)
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $15,400 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. Students wishing to apply to this school must pay an application fee of $55. Student who wish to obtain more information regarding financial aid may contact the school's financial aid office at (631) 499-7100, which has information regarding types of aid, forms and more. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $13,000-$16,000
- For part-time students, charges are between $380-$450 per unit
- Required fees: $870
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$4,004|
|Receiving Student Loans||37%||$2,531|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 15%.
Other Career Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Long Island Business Institute.
- University of Phoenix - Fairfield County Campus in Norwalk, CT (19 miles away)
- New York Career Institute in New York, NY (20 miles away)
- Business Informatics Center Inc in Valley Stream, NY (25 miles away)
- Spanish - American Institute in New York, NY (37 miles away)
- Manhattan School of Computer Technology in Brooklyn,, NY (38 miles away)