API Documentation (V.1)
MatchCollege.com provides access to college data via a free web service API, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding implementation or usage.
This document provides instruction for version 1 of Matchcollege.com API.
An API key is required, please acquire a key by contacting us at email@example.com. Please include your name, company and intended usage of the API.
API Call Functions
API Request Formats
API Response Formats
- XML (default)
We reserve the right to place limits on the usage of this API.
- Connections: Number of API calls per day
- Bandwidth: Amount of data transferred per day
Returns college data that match search variables.
Note: All spaces must be replaced with a "+", e.g. Los+Angeles.
- fn = college_search
- v = 1
- *key = [Your Key]
- *zip = 5 Digit Zip Code
- *city = City Name
- *state = 2 Letter State Abbreviation
*Requires EITHER zip or city and state combination
- college_type = The type of college or university [4-year/2-year/less than 2-year]
- college_funding = The method of funding for the college [public/private]
- distance = Distance in miles away from a specific zip or city and state. Default value is 50 miles.
- college_id = Matchcollege.com id for the college
- latitude = The latitude for the college
- longitude = The longitude for the college
- college_name = The name for the college or university
- general_phone = The general use phone number
- college_website = The website address for the college
- college_type = The type of college or university [4-Year/2-Year/Less Than 2-Year]
- college_funding = The method of funding [Public/Private]
- highest_degree = The highest degree offered for the college
- college_student_size = The range of student enrollment
- college_alias = Any alias or abbreviations for the college
- distance = Distance in miles away from a specific zip or city and state.
- url = Matchcollege.com url for the college profile