Blue Ridge Community College
180 West Campus Drive, Flat Rock, NC
Get Your Degree Online!
- FAFSA School Code: 009684
- Phone: (828) 694-1700
- School Homepage
- Phone: (828) 694-1800
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (828) 694-1806
Request more information about programs at Blue Ridge Community College by clicking on the links below:
Blue Ridge Community College is a comprehensive two-year institution which began its operations in 1969. This college was previously named as Henderson County Technical Institute and Blue Ridge Technical Institute before it was called BRCC. It operates under the authority of the North Carolina State Board of Community Colleges along with fifty-seven similar institutions.
Located at the Blue Ridge Mountains in Western North Carolina; BRCC functions as a community college for Henderson County, Transylvania County and surrounding areas. With over 107 programs of study, this college offers a wide range of academic programs. BRCC has 45 certificate programs , 24 diploma programs and 38 associate degree programs under different disciplines such as nursing, automotive technology, law enforcement, emergency response fields, engineering technology and machining technology among others.
The college transfer courses are backed by seven articulation programs with four-year institutions to facilitate easy transfer for graduate students to any of North Carolina's 18 public colleges and universities. BRCC is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools while its occupational programs are certified by appropriate accrediting agency.
Recognized as one of the leading provider of Continuing Education programs in the state; BRCC offers Economic and Workforce Development with variety of courses, programs and services, as well as programs for high school students such as Dual Enrollment and Huskin's Early College programs.
BRCC fosters academic excellence and lifelong learning as it adheres to its mission to enrich the lives of the students and promote economic development in the community it serves.
Prospective Student’s Guide http://www.blueridge.edu/prospective_student/index.php
Curriculum and Continuing Education http://www.blueridge.edu/current_student/index.php
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $6,400. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $2,200-$2,600
- Out-of-State: $8,400-$10,020
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $69-$83 per unit
- Out-of-State: $260-$310 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||68%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||66%||$4,620|
|Receiving Student Loans||8%||$5,903|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 6%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Blue Ridge Community College may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
- Day care for children
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for this school compared to community colleges in North Carolina, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
|Blue Ridge Community College||Henderson County||North Carolina|
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Blue Ridge Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Horticulture (A, C)
- Agricultural Business Technology
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (A)
- Executive Assistant, Executive Secretary (A, C)
- Office Management (A, C)
- Accounting (A)
- Advertising and Marketing (A)
- E-Commerce (A)
- Retailing and Retail Operations
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer Networking (A)
- Information Technology (A)
- Information Science Studies (A, C)
- Computer Programming (A)
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services
- System, Networking, and Lan or Wan Management
- Computer Systems Analysis
- Computer Programming, Specific Applications
- Electrician (C)
- Building and Construction Finishing, Management and Inspection
- Property Management
- Plumbing Technology
- Plumbing and Related Water Supply Services
- Electrical and Communications Engineering Technology (A)
- Mechanical Technology Technician (A)
- Mechanical Engineering Related Technologies
- Occupational Safety and Health Technology
- Water Quality Abd Wastewater Treatment Management and Recycling Technician
- Electromechanical Engineering and Technology
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
- Language Interpretation and Translation (A)
- Sign Language Interpretation and Translation (A)
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
- Auto Mechanic (A, C)
- Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) (C)
- Auto Body (C)
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Industrial Equipment Maintenance Technologies
Natural Resources and Conservation
- Environmental Science (A, C)
Personal and Culinary Services
- Esthetician (C)
- Cosmetology (A, C)
- Nail Technician
- Makeup Artist
- Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor
- Machine Shop Technology (A, C)
- Welding (C)
Security and Protective Services
- Criminal Justice (A)
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Blue Ridge Community College.
- Asheville - Buncombe Technical Community College in Asheville, NC (19 miles away)
- Isothermal Community College in Spindale, NC (29 miles away)
- Haywood Community College in Clyde, NC (32 miles away)
- Spartanburg Community College in Spartanburg, SC (33 miles away)
- McDowell Technical Community College in Marion, NC (36 miles away)