Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas
183 College Drive, De Queen, AR
- FAFSA School Code: 022209
- Phone: (870) 584-4471
- School Homepage
Financial Aid Office
Request more information about programs at Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas by clicking on the links below:
Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas is situated in beautiful De Queen, Arkansas. The college offers outstanding degree programs that will set you apart in the workforce. Many workers lack the skills that employers are looking for. At Cossatot Community College you will gain the skills needed to thrive in the working world.
The college is a two-year institution affiliated with the University of Arkansas System. The college has locations in Nashville, De Queen, and Ashdown. CCCUA is located in the foothills of the Ouachita Mountains and offers degrees and certificates in many fields. Many classes and degrees are offered online which makes earning a degree easier for working individuals. CCCUA has long had a forward-looking reputation for ‘causing things to happen’ which you won’t find elsewhere.
Students who wish to get a four year degree in education can transfer to Southern Arkansas University. Tuition is $55 per credit for students in the district and $65 for students outside of the district. Out-of-state tuition is $150 per credit.
Cossatot Community College strives to offer programs that will help you improve your career and lead to advancement. The college works with local employers to ensure that its curriculum prepares students for the job market and allows them to advance.
CCCUA offers outstanding support for individuals with disabilities. Alternative format text books are available as well as extra time on assignments and test. No matter your situation, CCCUA will work with you so that you get the education that you have dreamed about.
If you are interested in finding a great community college in Arkansas, please visit our profile page for Arkansas community colleges which are organized by the percent of students successfully transferring out to a 4-year college.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $4,900. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $1,700-$2,000
- Out-of-State: $4,500-$5,400
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $55-$66 per unit
- Out-of-State: $150-$180 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||88%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||86%||$5,679|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas may provide services like:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care for children
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 2012)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Agricultural Business and Management
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
- Radio and Television
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer Programming, Vendor and Product Certification (C)
- Carpentry (C)
- Drywall Installation (C)
- Early Childhood Education (A)
- Teacher Education, Multiple Levels (A)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Engineering Technology
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
- Interdisciplinary Studies (A)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
- Cosmetology (C)
- Cooking and Related Culinary Arts (C)
- Culinary Arts (A)
- Restaurant, Culinary and Catering Management
- Welding (C)
- Cabinetmaking and Millwork
Security and Protective Services
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Cossatot Community College of the University of Arkansas.
- New River Community and Technical College in Beckley, WV (45 miles away)
- Ashland Community and Technical College in Ashland, KY (76 miles away)
- Dabney S Lancaster Community College in Clifton Forge, VA (91 miles away)
- Big Sandy Community and Technical College in Prestonsburg, KY (99 miles away)
- Southern State Community College in Hillsboro, OH (138 miles away)