George C Wallace State Community College - Selma
3000 Earl Goodwin Parkway, Selma, AL
- FAFSA School Code: 005699
- Phone: (334) 876-9227
- School Homepage
- Phone: (334) 876-9295
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (334) 876-9296
Request more information about programs at George C Wallace State Community College - Selma by clicking on the links below:
George C Wallace State Community College has been educating students since 1963. It has improved the lives of over one million residents of Alabama. The college is located in Selma, Alabama and offers an affordable education. Student enrollment is over 1,700 students. Tuition is $109 per credit.
The college strives to offer cutting edge programs that meet the needs of students and employers. George C Wallace State Community College offers programs that prepare students for transfer to other colleges and universities. The college also offers vocational and career education that leads students into immediate employment, re-trains existing employees, and promotes local and state economic stability and competitiveness. Wallace Community College also works with individuals to formulate their educational goals.
WCCS offers 16 technical programs. These programs are: Auto Body Repair, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration, Auto Mechanics, Cosmetology, Drafting & Design Technology, Electrical Technology, Office Administration, Office Administration (Accounting), Information Processing (Secretarial), Information Technology, Medical Transcription, Practical Nursing, Nursing Assistant, Masonry, and Machine Tool Technology & Welding.
The school offers health care to students as well as numerous activities. WCCS provides the opportunity to participate in athletic competition including football, basketball, volleyball, and baseball. Students can also become a member of the student government.
Wallace State Community College offers community services to meet the economic, cultural, and educational needs of Selma and the surrounding area. The mission of the college is to offer facilities and equipment to businesses, high schools, and non-profit groups in the area for community programs.
Since you are considering going to a community college, you should also check out our list of all the community colleges in Alabama and match the school that's right for you!
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,400. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $3,300-$3,900
- Out-of-State: $6,500-$7,848
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $110-$130 per unit
- Out-of-State: $220-$260 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||94%||$5,823|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, George C Wallace State Community College - Selma may offer services to students including:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges offer a variety of career and transfer options for students. The following table shows the graduation and transfer-out rates for this school, versus those community colleges in Alabama, which can be valuable information for determining which school to attend.
|George C Wallace State Community College - Selma||Dallas County||Alabama|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1982)
- See a list of all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Alabama
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1984)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by George C Wallace State Community College - Selma by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer (A)
- Electrician (A, C)
- Masonry (C)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) (A, C)
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
- Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance (A, C)
Personal and Culinary Services
- Cosmetology (C)
- Personal Grooming Arts (C)
- Welding (C)
Security and Protective Services
- Police Science
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to George C Wallace State Community College - Selma.
- Trenholm State Technical College in Montgomery, AL (40 miles away)
- Shelton State Community College in Tuscaloosa, AL (56 miles away)
- Alabama Southern Community College in Monroeville, AL (68 miles away)
- Lawson State Community College - Birmingham Campus in Birmingham, AL (70 miles away)
- Central Alabama Community College in Alexander City, AL (70 miles away)