Henderson Community College (HCC)
2660 S Green St, Henderson, KY
- FAFSA School Code: 001993
- Phone: (270) 827-1867
- School Homepage
- Phone: (270) 831-9613
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (270) 831-9628
Request more information about programs at Henderson Community College by clicking on the links below:
Henderson Community College (HCC) was established in 1960 as the Northwest Center of University of Kentucky. Four years later, it was christened HCC and, today, it serves the Henderson, Webster and Union communities by enrolling in excess of 2200 students in various technical, academic and transfer courses. HCC gained membership to the KCTCS in 1998.
HCC’s mission is to provide a doorway to baccalaureate programs and enriching careers through cutting-edge educational programs that equip students to handle the realities of careers and higher education. In addition to associate degree, diploma and certificate programs, HCC operates an international studies program that affords students the opportunity of low-cost summer courses and semester programs in four continents through the Kentucky Institute for International Studies.
HCC also operates a robust distance learning program for students who prefer online studies. In addition, they offer a full suite of workforce solutions that help companies to have their employees trained and certified in several skill areas such as Project Management, Lean Manufacturing and Leadership.
This two-year college positions itself as an affordable resource for high-quality education irrespective of whether the ultimate goal is a better career, better job performance or higher education. At HCC, student life is more than reading, writing and research: every enrolled student has the opportunity to engage in cultural and social activities through the several student organizations and activities currently operational on and off campus.
HCC empowers students to achieve success, but its true edge lies in its ability to impart values such as respect for other cultures, accountability, integrity and innovation.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,100. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $3,400-$4,000
- Out-of-State: $12,000-$14,110
- Charges per unit:
- State Residents: $140-$170 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $490-$590 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||94%||$3,928|
|Receiving Student Loans||29%||$4,319|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 15%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Henderson Community College may provide services to students like:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Employment search assistance
- Day care for children
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for this school compared to community colleges in Kentucky, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Hygienist Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1975)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1987)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Kentucky
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Henderson Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Agricultural Production Operations (A, C)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Business Administration (A, C)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer (A, C)
- Engineering Technology (C)
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Child Care Provider (A, C)
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Arts (A)
Mechanic and Repair Technology
- Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance (A, C)
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Henderson Community College.
- Madisonville Community College in Madisonville, KY (31 miles away)
- Hopkinsville Community College in Hopkinsville, KY (64 miles away)
- Nebraska Indian Community College in Macy, NE (231 miles away)
- Northeast Alabama Community College in Rainsville, AL (252 miles away)
- Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College in Cumberland, KY (262 miles away)