John C Calhoun State Community College
Also known as Calhoun Community College
6250 U S Highway 31 N, Tanner, AL
Get Your Degree Online!
- FAFSA School Code: 001013
- Phone: (256) 306-2500
- School Homepage
- Phone: (256) 306-2593
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (256) 306-2628
- Financial Aid Page
Request more information about programs at John C Calhoun State Community College by clicking on the links below:
Individuals looking to improve their earning potential or start a new career should check out John C Calhoun State Community College. It is located in quiet Tanner, Alabama.
John C Calhoun is part of the Alabama Community College System. The college aims to offer quality education that is affordable. At the college you will find Alabama Robotics Technology Park, a partnership with AIDT.
The school is home to around 11,500 students and offers 49 associate degree programs. The Decatur campus is 110 acres. Faculty are well trained and are experts in their field. Most faculty have their master's degree, and approximately 15 percent have a doctorate. The cost of tuition for Alabama residents is $3,270.
John C Calhoun offers a weekend program that allows individuals to earn their Associate’s degree in business or administration. This program can be completed in just two years and your degree can be used to transfer to a four-year institute.
The college provides many outstanding student services. An emerging scholars program is offered that aids exceptional students. Tutoring services are also provided which help students to succeed in academic areas they made need extra work in. Assistance is provided for students with disabilities. No matter your needs, John C Calhoun State Community College will work with you to ensure that you get a quality education that will make you proud and improve your career.Student success is the top priority. Every effort is made to offer assistance to individuals to help them reach their goals.
Get a full list of community colleges in Alabama and see how well John C Calhoun State Community College compares among other community colleges by visiting our community colleges in Alabama listings page.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $5,200. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $3,300-$3,900
- Out-of-State: $6,500-$7,848
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $110-$130 per unit
- Out-of-State: $220-$260 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||75%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||67%||$4,481|
|Receiving Student Loans||21%||$3,240|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 13%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, John C Calhoun State Community College may provide services like:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for Calhoun Community College compared to community colleges in Alabama, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
|Calhoun Community College||Limestone County||Alabama|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1973)
- Physical Therapy Assistant (P.T.A.) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (since 2011)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1972)
- Find all the other nursing programs in Alabama
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1981)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by John C Calhoun State Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
- Horticulture (C)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Photographic and Film Technology
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer (A, C)
- Manufacturing Technology (A, C)
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) (A, C)
- Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering Technology (A)
- Refrigeration Technology (A)
- Industrial Production Technologies (A)
- Electrical and Communications Engineering Technology
- Quality Control and Safety Technologies
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Child Care (A, C)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Nursing (A)
- Emergency Medical Technology (A, C)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (C)
- Physical Therapist Assistant (A)
- Surgical Technologist (C)
- Dental Assistant (A)
- Clinical Laboratory Technician (A)
- Respiratory Therapy
- Allied Health Diagnostic, Intervention and Treatment Professions
- Opticianry, Ophthalmic Dispensing Optician
- Massage Therapy
- Nursing Assistant
- Health Professions and Related Clinical Sciences
- Radiology Technician
Legal Professions and Studies
- Paralegal (A)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
- Munitions Systems and Ordinance Technology (A)
Personal and Culinary Services
- Welding (C)
- Upholstery (C)
- Tool and Die Technology (A, C)
- Science Technologies
- Chemical Technology
Security and Protective Services
- Fire Services Administration
- Fire Protection and Safety Technology
- Police Science
Transportation and Materials Moving
Visual and Performing Arts
- Design and Visual Communications (A)
- Music (A)
- Music History, Literature, and Theory
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to John C Calhoun State Community College.
- Bishop State Community College in Mobile, AL (10 miles away)
- James H Faulkner State Community College in Bay Minette, AL (29 miles away)
- Pensacola State College in Pensacola, FL (62 miles away)
- Jefferson Davis Community College in Brewton, AL (74 miles away)
- Alabama Southern Community College in Monroeville, AL (77 miles away)