43600 Mission Blvd, Fremont, CA
- FAFSA School Code: 004481
- Phone: (510) 659-6000
- School Homepage
- Phone: (510) 659-6100
- Admissions Page
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (510) 659-6150
- Financial Aid Page
Ohlone College is located in Fremont and Newark California. It is a multi-campus college that is situated in the San Francisco Bay. There are 18,000 students on the main campus in Fremont and there is a newly built campus in the City of Newark. The college will help you obtain the skills you need to be successful in the workforce.
Ohlone College offers many great programs and the ability to transfer to a four-year university. The institute got its name from the native people in the Mission area. The Fremont campus is near the historical Mission. The Newark campus offers innovative programs in environment, health, and technology.
The best part is you have a lot of choices when studying at Ohlone. It is home to over 177 degrees and certificate programs. Ohlone College offers five associate degrees that allow you to transfer.
Every year almost 900 students transfer to colleges and universities. Out of them, 400 students attend California State Universities, 200 students to Universities of California, 150 students to in-state private colleges and universities, and 150 students to out-of-state colleges and universities.
The college employs over 430 faculty as well as 220 support staff which help to make sure that the individual gets the personal attention and guidance that he or she needs.
At a low cost of $46 per unit, California residents can obtain an outstanding education at Ohlone College without incurring a lot of debt. Tuition for out-of-state residents is $218 per unit. It is also an outstanding option for international students who are looking for an affordable education.
Get an idea of how Ohlone College ranks among other community colleges in California by looking at the transfer-out rates of students to other colleges and universities.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $10,100. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $1,100-$1,300
- Out-of-State: $6,300-$7,603
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $46-$55 per unit
- Out-of-State: $260-$320 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||43%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||43%||$4,217|
|Receiving Student Loans||2%||$4,577|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 13%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Ohlone College may offer services to students like:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Child care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Many community colleges are not only a source of technical or career training but also a stepping stone for students to transfer-out to a 4-year college, therefore we have included both graduation and transfer rates below and how Ohlone College compares against other community colleges in Alameda County and California as whole.
|Ohlone College||Alameda County||California|
Popular Transfer-Out Colleges & Universities
The following 4-year colleges and universities are popular destinations for many students of Ohlone College to transfer out to. You can click on the school profiles below to get additional admissions information:
- California State University - East Bay
- San Jose State University
- Stanford University
- University of California - Berkeley
- San Francisco State University
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Physical Therapy Assistant (P.T.A.) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (since 2000)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1978)
- Find all the other nursing programs in California
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Ohlone College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Biology (A, C)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Commerce (A)
- Bookkeeping (A, C)
- Business Administration (A)
- Office Management (A, C)
- Administrative Assistant (C)
- Real Estate (C)
- Animation (A, C)
Communications and Journalism
- Communications (A, C)
- Radio and Television (A, C)
Computer and Information Sciences
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services (C)
- Computer Graphics (C)
- Computer Science (A)
- Computer Support Specialist (A, C)
- Computer Programming (A, C)
- Data Modeling, Warehousing and Database Administration (C)
- Computer Networking (C)
- Web Design (C)
- Pre-Engineering (C)
- Biomedical Technology (C)
English Language and Literature
- English (A)
Family and Consumer Sciences
- Child Care Provider (A, C)
Foreign Languages and Literature
- Sign Language Interpretation and Translation (A, C)
- Sign Language (A)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Biological and Physical Sciences (A)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Liberal Arts (A)
- Humanistic Studies (A)
Mathematics and Statistics
- Math (A, C)
Natural Resources and Conservation
Recreation and Fitness Studies
- Physical Fitness Technician (C)
Security and Protective Services
- Police Science (A, C)
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Ohlone College.