Olney Central College - Illinois Eastern Community Colleges (OCC)
305 N West Street, Olney, IL
- FAFSA School Code: 001742
- Phone: (618) 393-2982
- School Homepage
Olney Central College (OCC) at Olney, Illinois, is part of Illinois Eastern Community Colleges group of public community colleges. OCC offers certificate and associate degree courses in diverse fields of study, such as Accounting, Collision Repair, Cosmetology, Massage Therapy, Industrial Maintenance, Nursing, Radiography and, recently, Welding and Cutting.
With about 1,600 students enrolling every year, OCC is home to several full- and part-time students looking to upgrade their skills and qualifications through cutting-edge education available close to home. The college offers a rustic setting for students, yet leverages the best in technology to ensure that its students are able to face the modern workforce challenges of the 21st century.
At $7,252 per year tuition, Olney is competitively priced when compared to other community colleges in Illinois. In addition, credits for certain courses can be transferred to four-year courses at other universities and colleges in the state. The college also has affiliations with Franklin University and McKendree AIM for students interested in a full four-year degree after completing their General Education Core Curriculum at OCC.
OCC offers access to a range of financial aid programs and scholarships for students who require assistance to get through college. As a complement to the regular curriculum, students can also engage in music, theater and athletics through various clubs and organizations that make up student life.
At OCC, community education is taken seriously, and there are several workforce education programs that local companies can take advantage of. They also provide adult and continuing education opportunities for the larger community that they serve.
To get more information on other community colleges in Illinois and compare transfer rates, visit our community colleges in Illinois details page where you can find a complete list of community colleges including information on tuition and enrollment.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $1,000. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $2,400-$2,800
- Out-of-State: $9,900-$11,910
- Charges per unit:
- In-State: $74-$89 per unit
- Out-of-State: $310-$370 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||94%||$4,643|
|Receiving Student Loans||19%||$3,000|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 15%.
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Olney Central College - Illinois Eastern Community Colleges may provide student services like:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care for children
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares this school against community colleges in the entire state of Illinois.
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Radiology Technician Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1990)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1985)
- See a list of all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Illinois
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Olney Central College - Illinois Eastern Community Colleges by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (Ph.D.,M.D.,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
- Administrative Assistant (A, C)
- Teacher Assistant (A)
- Quality Control Technology (C)
Health and Clinical Professions
- Nursing (A)
- Nursing Assistant (C)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (C)
- Medical Transcription (C)
- Medical Office Assistant (A)
- Phlebotomy (C)
- Radiologic Technology (A)
- Massage Therapy (C)
- Emergency Care Attendant (C)
- Accounting and Computer Science (A, C)
- Biological and Physical Sciences (A)
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
- Industrial Mechanics and Maintenance (A, C)
- Heating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) (C)
- Auto Mechanic (A, C)
- Auto Body (A)
Personal and Culinary Services
- Cosmetology (C)
- Welding (C)
Security and Protective Services
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Olney Central College - Illinois Eastern Community Colleges.
- Wabash Valley College - Illinois Eastern Community Colleges in Mount Carmel, IL (27 miles away)
- Frontier Community College - Illinois Eastern Community Colleges in Fairfield, IL (29 miles away)
- Lincoln Trail College - Illinois Eastern Community Colleges in Robinson, IL (33 miles away)
- Kaskaskia College in Centralia, IL (60 miles away)
- Henderson Community College in Henderson, KY (69 miles away)