Get more information about Continental School of Beauty Culture – Rochester by clicking links below:
Continental Beauty Schools operates six locations across upstate New York, making it the largest chain if beauty schools in New York State. The six schools are located in Rochester, West Seneca, Olean, Buffalo, Batavia and Syracuse. The school is licensed by the NYS Department of Education and accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences (NACCAS).
Continental Beauty Schools provides short term quality education for careers in the beauty industry. Programs offered prepare students to enter the workforce with the skills necessary to obtain a license and operate as a professional.
Courses offered are:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Those interested in enrolling at Continental Beauty Schools must have a high school diploma or equivalent. If this requirement is met, the student must contact the nearest location and set up an interview, the director, through the interview process will offer a tour of the school and go over financial aid options for payment.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Continental School of Beauty Culture – Rochester. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (585) 272-8060.
Cosmetology (1,000 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes usually eight months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $13,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,700*
- Graduates in repayment, have an estimated repayment rate of 82%**
- The average annual earnings of those who completed this program were earning $12,678**
- The average loan repayment by graduates is $81.00 per month*
- 159 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 8 months
Learn more and browse other schools listed by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page.
Esthetician (600 Hours)
The esthetician program offered on average takes about four months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $8,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,600*
- Graduates in repayment, have an estimated repayment rate of 98%**
- Estimated average annual earnings of graduates $15,848**
- The estimated average monthly loan payment by graduates is $54.00*
- 75 students completed the esthetician program last year
- Takes about 4 months to complete
Learn more about esthetician programs by visiting our esthetician schools profile page, which also includes career information.
The nail technician programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
305 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $3,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $400*
- Takes about 3 months to complete
250 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $2,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $400*
- Takes about 2 months to complete
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at Continental School of Beauty Culture – Rochester is approximately $17,100 after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||69%||$4,547|
|Receiving Student Loans||84%||$6,285|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 7%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Continental School of Beauty Culture – Rochester. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Shear Ego International School of Hair Design in Rochester, NY (9 miles away)
- Continental School of Beauty Culture - Batavia in Batavia, NY (29 miles away)