Empire Beauty School - Bordentown
610 Rt 206, Bordentown, NJ
- FAFSA School Code: 021498
- Phone: (800) 920-4593
- School Homepage
- Phone: (609) 298-1058
Financial Aid Office
- Phone: (570) 429-4321
Empire Education Group owns and operates Empire Beauty School, which was founded in 1946 and is the largest cosmetology school in the country. There are currently over 100 schools located in 22 states, and have a combined enrollment of over 20,000 students yearly. In addition, the Empire Education Group maintains a strong relationship with the Regis Corporation, which owns and operates over 12,000 hair salons worldwide. This relationship allows for training and employment opportunities for students and graduates.
Empire Beauty School offers a modern environment to learn the various aspects of cosmetology. The combination of nearly 80 years experience and the use of modern technologies, such as digital textbooks, white board technology, the CLIC (Certified Learning in Cosmetology) system of hands on learning and more, allow for quick learning and hands on training. Empire Beauty Schools are fully accredited, meeting state standards and preparing students for licensing upon completion.
Programs offered include:
- Makeup Artistry
- Cosmetology Instructor
The Bordentown branch of Empire Education Group is located at 610 Rt 206. About 100 students graduate from this location per year. This location provides job placement opportunities for students after graduation. Students may learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting empire.edu.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Empire Beauty School - Bordentown. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (800) 920-4593.
Cosmetology (1,200 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes usually nine months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $15,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $2,000*
- 31% loan repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Student loans borrowed for this program total about $11,700**
- 95 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 9 months
Find out more cosmetology programs through our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered commonly takes about four months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $7,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $300*
- $6,300 is the average amount of student loans received for this program
- Takes about 4 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates and student loan balances are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $14,800 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. Students wishing to apply to this school must pay an application fee of $100. Student who wish to obtain more information regarding financial aid may contact the school's financial aid office at (570) 429-4321, which has information regarding types of aid, forms and more. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||82%||$4,525|
|Receiving Student Loans||93%||$9,171|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2009 was around 14%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Empire Beauty School - Bordentown. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Levittown Beauty Academy in Levittown, PA (7 miles away)
- The Lab - Paul Mitchell Partner School in Ewing, NJ (12 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Philadelphia Woodhaven Rd in Philadelphia, PA (15 miles away)
- Buck's County School of Beauty Culture Inc in Feasterville, PA (16 miles away)
- Rizzieri Aveda School for Beauty and Wellness in Voorhees, NJ (19 miles away)
- International Beauty Academy in Philadelphia, PA (20 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Warminster in Warminster, PA (22 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Cherry Hill in Cherry Hill, NJ (22 miles away)