Get more information about Independence College of Cosmetology by clicking links below:
Located in Independence, Missouri, Independence College of Cosmetology is a private school that offers career education for potential students interested in cosmetology. This school has been accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences since 1966. This school's cosmetology program is constructed to prepare students for gainful employment upon completion, having provided all the skills required to prepare students for licensure and entry into the beauty industry. The cosmetology programs that are taught at this school are:
Over the last few years close to 240 students have completed programs at this school, with a graduation rate of around 63%. This school reported individuals had a federal loan default rate of around 14% in 2009.
Independence College of Cosmetology provides student services such as job placement opportunities for graduating students in need of employment and cosmetology career counseling for current and graduated students. Students are asked to look up local and state licensing regulations to determine whether programs meet current standards. To see more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit hair-skin-nails.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Independence College of Cosmetology. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (816) 252-4247.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered usually takes about eleven months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $16,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,400*
- Former students had a loan repayment rate of around 80%**
- Estimated average annual earnings of graduates $15,868**
- The estimated average monthly loan payment by graduates is $59.00*
- 30 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 11 months to complete
Get more information about cosmetology and browse other schools listed by going to our cosmetology schools page.
Esthetician (1,500 Hours)
Esthetician program takes usually eleven months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $17,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,500*
- 92% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- 15 students completed the esthetician program last year
- Takes about 11 months to complete
Learn more about esthetician programs by visiting our esthetician schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered usually takes about four months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $1,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $200*
- Takes about 4 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $8,600 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||79%||$5,803|
|Receiving Student Loans||89%||$7,725|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 22%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Independence College of Cosmetology. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Regency Beauty Institute - Kansas City in Kansas City, MO (2 miles away)
- House of Heavilin Beauty College - Kansas City in Kansas City, MO (9 miles away)
- House of Heavilin Beauty College - Blue Springs in Blue Springs, MO (10 miles away)
- Transformed Barber and Cosmetology Academy in Kansas City, MO (10 miles away)
- Paris II Educational Center in Gladstone, MO (13 miles away)
- House of Heavilin Beauty College - Raymore in Raymore, MO (13 miles away)
- LaBaron Hairdressing Academy in Overland Park, KS (15 miles away)
- Entourage Institute of Beauty and Esthetics in Lenexa, KS (18 miles away)