Get more information about Iowa School of Beauty – Des Moines by clicking links below:
Iowa School of Beauty operates five locations throughout the state of Iowa. Founded in 1923, the schools goal is to provide the very best education in order to prepare students for a career in the beauty business. ISB is considered a leader of cosmetology education in Iowa. The school is licensed by the Iowa D1epartment of Public Health and accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Cosmetology Arts and Sciences. The five campuses are located in Des Moines, Ankeny, Marshalltown, Ottumwa, and Sioux City.
ISB offers several programs of varying length to help aspiring students choose the career path that best suits their needs. The dedicated instructing staff will work with students to ensure their strengths and abilities are developed. ISB prides itself on its teachers, record and ability to deliver a quality education.
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students wishing to apply should set up an appointment with the admissions office. Applicants should complete the admissions form, provide a copy of their high school diploma or GED, and provide a copy of their birth certificate/driver's license along with a copy of their social security card and application fee. The school does offer financial aid assistance. Interested students should complete the Free Application of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Iowa School of Beauty – Des Moines. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (515) 278-9939 x12.
Cosmetology (2,100 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about fifteen months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $18,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,100*
- 93% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- $13,715 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- $112.00/month on average is the estimated loan payment made by graduates*
- 46 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 15 months to complete
Find out more cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which also includes career information.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (1,000 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered on average takes about six months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $3,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $100*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 6 months
Massage Therapy (650 Hours)
The massage therapy program offered on average takes about six months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $9,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,700*
- 12 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the massage therapy program is usually 6 months
Learn more about massage therapy programs by visiting our massage therapy schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
Esthetician (600 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about five months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $6,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,600*
- 85% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- 27 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 5 months
Get more information about esthetician and browse other schools listed by going to our esthetician schools profile page.
Nail Technician (325 Hours)
The nail technician program takes about three months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $3,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $800*
- Takes about 3 months to complete
Learn more about nail technician programs by visiting our nail technician schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $9,100 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. Students wishing to apply to this school must pay an application fee of $50. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||97%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||97%||$4,586|
|Receiving Student Loans||88%||$9,479|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 11%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Iowa School of Beauty – Des Moines. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- La James International College - Johnston in Johnston, IA (3 miles away)
- American College of Hairstyling - Des Moines in Des Moines, IA (6 miles away)
- Aveda Institute Des Moines in West Des Moines, IA (6 miles away)
- PCI Academy in Ames, IA (26 miles away)
- Iowa School of Beauty - Marshalltown in Marshalltown, IA (49 miles away)