Get more information about Missouri College of Cosmetology North by clicking links below:
Located in Springfield, MO, Missouri College of Cosmetology North is a private school that offers career education for potential students interested in cosmetology. Missouri College of Cosmetology North is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, having held that accreditation for the last 11 consecutive years. This school provides a comprehensive cosmetology program that prepares individuals get started in the beauty industry as licensed and qualified professionals. In addition to cosmetology, this school also has an esthetics program, for individuals who want to focus on skin care and treatments, a nail technology program, which offers education in nail care, and a cosmetology instructor training program for professionals who want to become educators.
About 400 students graduated from Missouri College of Cosmetology North over the last few years, with about 65% of students who start the program continue on to complete it. In 2009 the reported default rate of students taking loans to pay the tuition and fees for this school was approximately 12%.
Missouri College of Cosmetology North offers flexible courses for those with irregular schedules. Students should look up state licensing regulations to make sure programs meet established standards. Students can learn more about Missouri College of Cosmetology North, including consumer disclosures, by visiting missouricosmo.com.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Missouri College of Cosmetology North. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (417) 887-1501.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about thirteen months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $15,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,200*
- 80% loan repayment rate estimated for former students of this program**
- $9,919 is the estimated annual earnings of graduates from this program**
- $50.00/month on average is the estimated loan payment made by graduates*
- 34 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 13 months
Find out more cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Esthetician (750 Hours)
The esthetician program offered on average takes about nine months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $10,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,100*
- 88% repayment rate for students who completed this program**
- Estimated average annual earnings of graduates $13,970**
- The estimated average monthly loan payment by graduates is $47.00*
- 19 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 9 months
Learn more about esthetician programs by visiting our esthetician schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered on average takes about six months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $8,000*
- Takes about 6 months to complete
Nail Technician (400 Hours)
The nail technician program takes about four months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $3,000*
- Takes about 4 months to complete
Read more and see other schools listed by going to our nail technician schools profile page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately $8,900 per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The cost to submit an application is $100. Financial aid information may be obtained by contacting the financial aid office at (471) 887-1501. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||86%||$4,750|
|Receiving Student Loans||94%||$7,450|
Note: The estimated default rate of students taking federal student loans in 2012 was around 5%.
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Missouri College of Cosmetology North. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Academy of Hair Design in Springfield, MO (5 miles away)
- System - A Paul Mitchell Partner School in Springfield, MO (6 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Springfield in Springfield, MO (6 miles away)
- Seymour Beauty Academy in Seymour, MO (31 miles away)