Get more information about Mr John’s School of Cosmetology Esthetics & Nails – Decatur by clicking links below:
Interested individuals in and around Decatur may pursue a cosmetology education by registering and enrolling at Mr John's School of Cosmetology Esthetics & Nails - Decatur. Mr John's School of Cosmetology Esthetics & Nails - Decatur is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, and has done so for the last thirty-one straight years. This school's cosmetology program is constructed to prepare students for long term employment upon completion, providing all the skills necessary to prepare students for licensure and employment in the beauty industry. The cosmetology courses offered at this school are:
Over the last few years about 140 students have graduated from this school. This school reported individuals had a loan default rate of around 4% in 2009.
Mr John's School of Cosmetology Esthetics & Nails - Decatur provides student services in the form of help with finding job opportunities for students and career counseling for students beginning a career in cosmetology. State and county licensing procedures may differ, and as such it is recommended students research getting a license in cosmetology. To learn more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit mrjohns.com.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Mr John’s School of Cosmetology Esthetics & Nails – Decatur. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (217) 423-8173.
The cosmetology programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
1,540 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $16,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,000*
- Takes about 13 months to complete
1,700 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $16,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,700*
- Takes about 15 months to complete
1,900 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $17,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,800*
- Takes about 16 months to complete
Esthetician (750 Hours)
The esthetician program offered most often takes about six months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $8,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,200*
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 6 months
Learn more about esthetician programs by taking a look at our esthetician schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (1,000 Hours)
Cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes on average nine months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $6,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $700*
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 9 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The net cost of this school is close to $6,600 annually, after the various types of aid, including scholarships and grants, are taken into consideration. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. Students wishing to apply to this school must pay an application fee of $100. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||93%||$5,841|
|Receiving Student Loans||98%||$10,161|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Mr John’s School of Cosmetology Esthetics & Nails – Decatur. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Regency Beauty Institute - Champaign in Champaign, IL (41 miles away)
- University of Spa & Cosmetology Arts in Springfield, IL (42 miles away)
- Concept College of Cosmetology in Urbana, IL (43 miles away)
- Hairmasters Institute of Cosmetology in Bloomington, IL (44 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Normal in Normal, IL (46 miles away)